Tuesday, November 13, 2018

blessed to be a veteran

Happy Veterans Day to former sailor me...
and all those other military veterans, too!
My day began with brunch at Chili's, dining on
free Margarita Grilled Chicken,
with free iced tea, too, courtesy of Kevin -
yes, my Tuesdays-with-Kevin Kevin!
He had reminded me Saturday night of the deal at Chili's, then agreed to meet me there on Sunday.
What an extra-special November 11th!

That evening found me again with a free meal,
this time Fiesta Lime Chicken at Applebee's in Pooler.
Was I dining alone?
Nope, not hardly!
Barbara and Carolyn were with me!
We'd been to the Royal for the "Thugs of Hindostan",
a super-fine, spectacular, swashbuckling film!
(Aamir Khan, you are on our radar, man!)

On Monday, the 12th, I dined at Red Lobster
for a post-laundry slunch.
This free Lobster and Langostino Pizza -
sans cheese, of course - was fabulous!!!
I most definitely will return for that again!
(The Tuna Poke was very good, too, even though it
was not part of their Veterans Day promotion.)
Part of the pizza went home with me and became
my breakfast this morning - woohoo!

After a meeting of the Coastal Empire ACS
concerning the SERMACS in Savannah next year,
I popped on over to Golden Corral to join the
throngs of past and present military -
even though it was raining!
I sat with three young men stationed at Hunter,
talkin' 'bout movies and more while I filled up
on lots and lots of free vegetables!
Oh, yes, that's what I'd been missing!

And what do I have here?
Well, as I'd said, Red Lobster not only fed me
while I was there, but I had leftovers.
Lobster and Langostino Pizza for breakfast,
this time with shredded cheddar
to make it mo' better!
(smile)

Lunch was courtesy of Chicken Salad Chicks.
I had found they would allow me to carry out the
free Chicken Salad Special and beverage -
that was a special perk, for sure!
So, before the laundry yesterday, I'd gone to fetch this
lovely Lauryn's Lemon Basil and grape salad,
iced tea on the side.
All I added was butter lettuce and appetite!
(smile)

My many thanks for the restaurants in town for the many blessings!
Speaking of blessings, I'm off to the Lucas anon!
Tonight, I usher for a living legend: Kris Kristofferson!!!
He's a contemporary of both Elvis and my Dad and I am soooo excited!!!
Thanks, Carolyn, for putting me on the roster for this show!
i thank You, God!

No comments: