Sunday, November 4, 2018

swag, chem nerd style!

Of course I had to have these pins!
Fluorine, F: Extremely reactive, interacts with most other elements.
Gold, Au: Malleable, one of the least reactive elements.
Sulfur, S: Brimstone, essential macronutrient for life.
Titanium, Ti: Catalyst, transition element with high strength.
Sodium, Na: Highly reactive alkali metal, vital for nerve impulses.
How appropriate that these chemical symbols should form my name!
(smile!)
Nothing like a bunch of quackers to liven up a place!
Those two in the middle of the flock of four are both named Doctor Redox (for reduction-oxidation reactions).
The one to the left is the new Doctor and the other is the old Doctor.
I need to share them with the bfe, in honor of our Dr. Who adventure!
The other ducks are a male post-doc and a female graduate student - complete with ponytail, like me!
(smile)
Here's all the swag, all together!
The 'Bumble T-shirt is courtesy of Oakwood Chemicals, as are the four Periodic Table magnets!
Thanks to Knewton for the cool blue Knerd T-shirt, too!
Speaking of cool blue, look at that ball in front of the new Doctor - it lights up when the ball bounces!
Plus, I have a foam Supergirl and a blue foam beaker to squeeze for hand exercises!
(smile)
And candy... oh so much candy!
This 70th SERMACS was scheduled to take advantage of the Halloween festivities and fun, that's for sure!
The vendors all enthusiastically participated, with buckets and jack-o-lanterns full of treats - and no tricks on us!
Thanks, y'all, for the many M&M candies of all types (to share with Tony), the Almond Joys (just for me!), and the myriad other sweets!
Such a plethora!
(Inside joke for my first niece!)
As for this bright yellow, pineapple-bedecked goodies -
those were from my own peeps!
Those would be nerds of the Coastal Empire ACS, by the way.
And the reason of the very popular tote bags and koozies?
It's ours next time!
Maybe I need to write a new "Nightmare before Christmas"-inspired poem!
What a wonderful idea!
I'll see what I can do about that!
(smile!)

i thank You, God, for this birthday vacation and this bounty to share!
Now, I'm off to "Nobody's Fool" and "The Sisters Brothers" on this rainy day!

No comments: