Friday, November 9, 2018

tcb and shakespeare, too

Yesterday was a rich, full day!
My first niece and I had lunch at Larry's, a first for her!
Not her first time there, as she had been at least once before to have breakfast with Mama...
so that's been at least 18 years ago... wow.
Christina is sporting her new purple glasses and her new hairdo - featuring her natural hair color.
Doesn't she look wonderful?
Why, yes, yes she does!
(smile)
Our visit was rather short this time - only two hours.
(smile)
She had to get back to Hinesville and I had errands to run, too.
Off to the post office to make a deposit of the 'gator cards to the Beaufort boys!
(For some reason, the 2nd and 3rd were returned to me. Odd!)
Off to the bank to make a long-needed deposit!
(Since I have generously granted myself a 'loan' for property taxes.)

Off to the university to make a deposit there, too!
The alumni association was sponsoring a "canned food drive for hungry students" to restock the Captain's Cupboard.
I had several cans of food, but also the box of muffin mix and the bag of black-eyed peas.
The young woman there asked to take my photo for the fb page - superb! Glad to do so!
That let me show off some SERMACS swag - my Bumble-adorned t-shirt - for full exposure!
(My thanks to Oakwood Chemical for the awesome shirt!)
I was graced with a goodie bag, too, and it contained one of my favorite things... drumroll, please!
Post-its! Woohoo! No more use of paper scraps to keep my schedule of events in order on my kitchen cabinets!
(The goodie bag also had the GaSoU football schedule and a fan to keep cool.)
Thanks, y'all!
Next was a trip out to Wynnsong - oops, AMC Classic Cinema 11 - to see the 4 PM screening of "Bohemian Rhapsody" again, this time for the BIG D experience.
Yes, I had popcorn and soda, too.
But my bill was not seventeen bucks... it was zero!
Thanks to the A*List for the free movie, and to my AMC rewards for the free snacks!
And guess who was also there?
Barbara!
Her Thursday afternoon had opened up so she, like me, wanted one more extra-big-screen viewing of this concert film.
What a nice treat!
Afterward, we talked for a bit, then we were both off to other engagements.
I had a ticket for some Shakespeare in my hot pocket!
The Armstrong Masquers had their opening show of "Twelfth Night" there in Jenkins Hall and I had made sure to get a free 'faculty' ticket while I could...
and I was sitting in my seat, too!
Wondering why I saw this play so soon after the version by Savannah Shakes?
Well, kindly recall that I attended their performance twice...
I do so enjoy this tale of mistaken identities and love triangles and pure tomfoolery!
Laughter is such good medicine, guaranteed to make a day brighter!
(smile)

And guess what?
The play was done in plenty of time for me to go to the market for groceries!
Eggs, cheese, shredded carrots, and lovely, lean, delicious turkey pepperoni!
That meant I could have pepperoni omelet pizza for breakfast -
and so I did!
I created the dish about a month ago and have absolutely delighted in eating it.
Seriously, it's all I can do to not have it every morning -
just as I would once upon a time do with traditional pizza.
Variety, though, is the spice of life... so I do try to limit this recipe to every other day.
(smile)
Now, do I go to wash clothes or wait until Monday?
I believe that shall wait!
A matinee of "The Grinch" promises to be enchanting, as well as free, courtesy of A*List.
Then I'll have Thai dinner at The King & I with Kevin and Cedric before traipsing off with them to Savannah Shakes' "King Lear", set in the Y2K era...
such a fabulous Friday after my top-notch Thursday!
(smile!)
i thank You, God!

No comments: