Friday, November 23, 2018

game time!

As I mentioned earlier, I had a cook-out in Hinesville today -
and what a feast we had!
Hotdogs, hamburgers, chicken breasts, steak - and all scrumptious!
Thanks, Christian, for breaking out the grill!
I made macaroni and cheese and there was none for me to bring home. Everyone loved it! Little did they know it was made with LactAid milk, fat-free cheese, and no oil or fat!
(smile)

The kids had been set up in the formal dining room, while the rest of us were in the kitchen nook.
Miyah had started out sitting over there with us, but when she saw she was being excluded from being with the other kids, she pitched a fit!
I was the one who moved her high chair over ...
calming her down at once ...
so I guess I speak her language.
(smile)

After we'd all finished eating - I had three chicken breasts! - I played outside with all of the children.
Then, someone said something about it being dessert time and we all surged back indoors!
Karin, Christian's mom, had made her Black Forest Cake, at Christina's request -
wow! That was sooooo tasty! And quite rich, too!
But we sure had a bit of quiet time for a while.
It's hard to talk with a mouth full of cake!

And you know those little puzzles I had brought
for the twins and Junior?
Well, none of them knew what to do with them.
We decided to try out some of the boy's games,
but most of them were for kids a little older
than any of the girls were.
That worked out just fine, though.
The game time slowed them down enough that
bed-time sounded like a good idea to them.
(smile)

i thank You, God, for this fun day with family!

No comments: