Friday, November 23, 2018

breakfast experiment


First consider this. I've been taking care to have 'good choices' as foods at home, knowing that I ate a lot of special Thanksgiving foods yesterday, and that I have a cookout in Hinesville this afternoon.
In other words, I've been loading up on lean meats and vegetables for my meals in.
(smile)
Next, consider that Food Lion had a special sale on apples. They were "buy two bags for $5", so I purchased two different kinds, in case I liked one better. After all, Why have two bags of fruit to go bad because I didn't like them?
(smile)
As a third point to be considered, I offer this story. Last night, after my return from my brother's family gathering, I had a nearly two-hour phone call with Paul out in California. Actually, Cathy had called while they were returning from her mom's Thanksgiving merriment. She sounded surprised to actually catch me in!
(smile)
Anyway, she kept me on the line until they got home, then Paul took over on their end.
I think he wanted to be debriefed on his fire-related rescue efforts. That's been quite harsh, especially for someone who is a chemist and knows what temperatures are involved when aluminum (in cars, for instance) melts and flows out of a fire-gutted vehicle.
He will be going out again on Saturday, on another SARS mission.
Maybe I should plan to call him next week and check in...
Not that we spent the entire time on that topic.
Apparently, they didn't know - or didn't recall - that I am now 'retired'. So, he and I talked at some length about how that came to be and how I was doing and what my plans were toward any future teaching and the betrayal by Jordan at Savannah Tech and options as a tutor.
(smile)
We also discussed my recent SERMACS adventure and the fun I had in Augusta!
I think all of that science nerd talk was still rolling around in my head. That's the only rationale I can propose for my looking at the two bags of different apples on my cool kitchen floors and thinking a taste test was in order.
Not the first time I've done such, right?
Heck, it isn't even the second time!
(smile)
So, a taste test was held!
That's a McIntosh apple on the left and a Rome apple on the right.
Both are red apples with pale flesh inside.
However, the Rome apples have small light-colored spots adorning the red peel, but the other does not.
The Rome apple slice produces a crisp sound when bitten, as its inner meat is dense and quite firm.
The McIntosh, though, lacks the crunch, with its softer, creamier insides easily yielding to teeth.
However, that particular apple has a tartness to its taste that the other does not have.
I think perhaps more testing is in order...
but not now.
Now, I need to head off to Hinesville with the macaroni and cheese I made, per Christina's request.
(smile)
I also have puzzles for Leila, Alyssa, and Junior ("Cars", "Mickey Mouse", and "Spiderman")!
Little Miyah will receive the Supergirl squeeze toy to fly around!
Later!

No comments: