Saturday, November 24, 2018

have a howly wolfenoot!

Unfamiliar with Wolfenoot?
Then perhaps this site will be of service!
The celebration of "people who are kind to dogs" is not yet two months old, but has already become a sensation around the world... and in Pooler, naturally, at the home of the squirrel mistress, Christa.
(smile)
She's recently become a dog owner, by the way.
Her old-lady cat passed away this year.
Now, a pint-sized bundle of fur named Widget
calls her house his home.
He's only about half the cat's size, so he's
very, very tiny -
and adorable, in an Einstein's-hair way.
(smile)
So, for his grand debut, i.e., to show him off,
Christa threw this party!
One of the 'requirements' for the celebration
of Wolfenoot is a "cake in the shape of a moon" -
looks like she nailed that one!
She even had a little howling wolf as cake topper!
Then there was a ring of bacon strips as decor,
mostly because everyone who loves dogs knows that
dogs love bacon!
"Roasted meats" was another 'requirement' and she
had cooked several bits of those, all in treat size
and with different seasonings - yum!
Lynn and Lauri brought pigs in blankets, but with a
twist - they looked like little piggies!
It was actually pancake batter molds that I'll have
to tell my nieces about - such fun for tailgates!
We had other goodies, too, that I know my dog
would have approved, so we can count this first
outing to honor The Great Wolf - and perhaps her daughter, too - a howling success!
We're all going home with 'doggy bags', too!
Apparently, gifts for those kind to dogs is also
a 'requirement', so Christa had "hidden" bags with
candy and 'fortunes' around for use to find!
My first bag had this: "TRANSFORMATION:
Positive time in your life. Undergoing change for the better. Experiences are transforming you. You will view challenges more positively . Success to follow. Rebirth. Balance. Psychic talents discovered.
"

How did it know about the telepathy between me and my cousin Bev or between me and the bfe? In each case, I'd been thinking about contacting them (her about Thanksgiving and him about his birthday) and within seconds they had texted me!
Amazingly on point for me!
Plus, I really like that the image reminded me of one of my favorite movies, "Ladyhawke". In the movie about two lovers, she is a hawk by day and woman at night, while he is a man by day and a wolf at night. They only have two fleeting moments together each day, at dawn and at sunset, until a little Mouse helps them break the curse. How interesting that this is the second time that movie has come to mind this year!

My second bag of treats, found peeking from behind
a photo frame, had a timely message for me, too!
"WALKING AWAY: Walking away from a difficult situation. Even though you are starting over,
be patient. Your actions will be rewarded.
Happiness to come.
"
That seems to be in keeping with the first message, doesn't it? Change is coming, success will follow -
sure sounds like it to me.

And I very much like that last line.
"Happiness to come."
As this Year of The Dog starts winding down, how fortunate it seems to be to have this Wolfenoot celebration newly created in it.
I'll have to mark my calendar for November 23rd - it official date - next year.
Maybe the party will be at my house then!
Now, though, the movie is about to start.
She's selected a 1992 film, "Sleepwalkers", based on a Stephen King tale.
I'm sure it will be bad enough to be PFS-worthy, so let me get ready for it.
'Bye!

No comments: