Sunday, August 4, 2019

switcheroo, shakespeare, and swiss cheese

"Goodness gracious, girlie! What's with the smorgasbord?"
Well, I've been a bit frazzled of late, with so many baseball games.
Friday, after washing me and washing dishes I washed clothes... but I erred.
I reached into the white laundry basket on the adjacent washer for the Arm & Hammer detergent, wondered briefly why the liquid was blue, but used it anyway.
Definitely a wrong move!
As clearly seen, my current basket is green and the liquid I use is clear... as they have been since last fall.
I went ahead an washed with the switched detergent, apologizing to the woman who owned it.
I was in a rush, as I wanted to see "Kiss Me Kate" and I knew my dear Rogue would be here later.
I would have been better off to have rewashed the loads with my own detergent, but, no.
I had dried the smell right into the clothes and bedding.
The next day, I had to rewash all.
However, on Friday, I did make it to the Savannah Children's Theatre in plenty of time.
Sadly, the show was sold out.
Fortunately, the kind folks added seats so three hopefuls could enjoy this last summer camp musical!
i thank You, God!
What a shame it would have been to miss these two goons song-and-dancing their way through "Brush Up Your Shakespeare"... and how much more of a shame to have missed Finn Repella and company sweating their way through "Too Darn Hot".
Oh, such sweet dreams!

Even better, I made it home in plenty of time to give Joe a proper welcome back!
His house on Maupas was under orders from the city to have the grass and bushes tamed.
So, that meant he'd be here all weekend!
Sure, I had Bananas and Bacon both days, but at least we'd have mornings and late evenings to chat.
I'll gladly accept that rare bit of time with him!

I tried to talk him into coming to Asbury Memorial with me this morning, but he still had so much work to do at the rental.
I know he would have enjoyed Rabbi Haas' blending of theology and physics as he explained that "The Glass Is Actually 100% Full" - amen!
His talk of voids perceived and voids real brought an image of Swiss cheese to mind, an image I shared with him afterward.
He very much liked that, writing it down for his Yom Kippur sermon!

Right place, right time for me and him both - i thank You, God.
Not only did the Rabbi and I share an epiphany, but we also reveled in the singing talents of Nan Qin, as did 98-year-old Birdie.
She was treated to him singing "Happy Birthday" to her!
As for me, I now have a solid case of Savannah VOICE Festival fever.
I've already found four events I want to attend!
Now, though, I must fetch Mister Willie to the ballpark for the Divisional Semi-final.
Bye, y'all!

1 comment:

faustina said...

This was a note I sent to myself after the sermon about voids in our lives.

8/4/2019 1:11 PM
To dancingtina58
Perception of voids is like looking at Swiss cheese. Some areas are full and smooth. Some have holes. Shared that with Rabbi and he wrote it down!