Wednesday, August 28, 2019

chicken feathers on a night out


They don't much look like they'd be of any use
for flying, do they?
That's no never mind at all -
they were plenty good for eating!
Especially with Wild Wing Cafe's "Garlic, Garlic,
Garlic" sauce all over them -
yeah, baby, I was definitely fire-breathing!
Even better, they didn't cost me a dime!
I had told the waitress that I was a party of one,
but my brother, Smitty, then told her I was not
and should be on their tab.
Thanks, my dear sis-in-law Mary, for seconding
that motion!
What a sweet surprise for me!
(smile)
My youngest brother, Tony, is the reason for my
travel down to Ellis Square tonight.
Thanks for calling me this afternoon, Dood!
This dinner was planned on Sunday, actually,
so family could meet a "new" nephew.
So, truly, thanks, sis-in-law Laura, for making
sure we all had the chance to welcome him!
(smile)
The son on the right is Cole, welcomed to the
family last Thanksgiving.
He lives and works in Florida now.
The new kid is Alek, who has very nice hair.
He really does!
It's so curly and thick.
I'm sure the girls at the Jimmy Johns store
that he manages would agree.
(smile)
And that quiet young man perusing his phone?
That's a friend of Alek's, Lucas, who drove
with him from Illinois.
I don't know much about him - like I said,
he's a quiet young man.
He's also quite a tall fellow, as I found out
when I hugged him as we all parted.
Not quite as tall as Alex Degen, though!
(smile)

We had a lively time together, laughing and joking, doing well to ignore the mounted television's forecast of impending gloom and doom as Hurricane Dorian makes its slow trek toward its prey (Florida).
I referred everyone to this site, managed by a most-kind retired meteorologist - Pat Prokop - who tells it straight, not looking to capitalize on disaster (unlike the majority of news sources which are dependent upon advertising dollars and must sensationalize).
Now, then, what about those jovial moments?
Well, here's one!
I had to excuse myself for a trip to the bathroom. I did so by saying "I have to skip to the loo". Then, unexpectedly, I found myself adding, "as opposed to "Skip to my Lou", which is totally different."
It's like something my quick-witted Mama or Daddy would have said!
Very nice to know they still live in me.
i thank You, God.



No comments: