Saturday, August 31, 2019

super freak, super freak, she's a super freak, oh

It's not "Just My Imagination
(Running Away With Me)
" -
I do like the boys in the band,
especially these Magic Rocks!
So, does that mean this girl -
me, that is -
would be called a "Super Freak"
in Rick James' book?
Well, not that one fact, alone.
He'd have to catch me on some lost weekend to know for sure.
Wink wink, nudge nudge!

The occasion this evening was certainly not a prelude to such a time, not for me or mi amigas.
But we were most definitely the "four young chiquitas" described
by Grand Funk Railroad in "We're An American Band" -
hey, young at heart, always!
Carolyn and Joyce were content to dance in their chairs.
Not me and Barbara!
We took full advantage of the magic of the music to move our feet!

August has been a bit magical, here at A Taste Of India.
This was the second time that we've been treated to their dance party.
I love all of the songs in the Rocks' repertoire, especially as I know all the words and have different dance moves to go along with the tunes.
So... much... FUN!
I told Craig that I want to be a dancer in my next life... and he told me I already am in this one!
(smile)
Jim Reed - yes, the PFS movie guy -
sings a few of the songs.
Here he is, rocking out, sticks in mid-stroke, belting out a tune.
Which one?
I don't know!
I was busy dancing and just barely managed to get this photo!
In fact, the only time I'm not on the floor is when they're taking a break from the stage.
Thanks for the hours of dance music, y'all!
They always make sure to thank me for dancing, but I don't believe they realize how much I treasure these times with them.
They provide a safe environment
for me to "dance as if no one is watching", as I love to do.
That's a priceless gift.
Plus, Ronny sings a magnificent cover of "One Headlight"!
No way for me to be one of The Wallflowers for that one!
(A little inside joke, y'all!)


The last time they played in this neighborhood locale, they had treated us to some originals.
Absolutely new music, literally, that I had not yet danced to - what a special treat!
"Down By The Swimming Pool" was such a romantic summer-crush ditty - very nice!
"The Pull Of You" was a paean to an out-of-reach lover and spoke of destructive love.
Quite dark, but also excellent, with a seductive tug in the music.
"Blue Shallows" and "Take It Away" were two more that I'd love to hear again -
but none of those came around tonight.
Perhaps the next time I see these Magic Rocks, I'll have to make a special request..
but which would I ask for?
I suppose it will depend on my mood, mostly.
We'll just have to wait and see!
Now, it's very late and I'm off to sweet dreams.
i thank You, God!

No comments: