Saturday, August 10, 2019

look! squirrel!

"Is it here?"
No, silly rabbit!
This is my nephew, Jason,
and his lovely bride, Hannah
.
Until today, it was he and she...
and now baby makes three!
Welcome to our world, dear Ryker!
Many thanks, Emily, for keeping
all of us in Savannah posted about
the glad event in the ATL!
i thank You, dear God, that mother
and baby are healthy and safe.
What a blessing!

"What about that squirrel?
Is it here?
"
No, no, no.
Don't you recognize my first niece, Christina Ann?
I was able to answer her call to join her at bingo tonight at the Elks Lodge 183.
That was three hours with her!
Now, she and I are off to Carey Hilliard's for a nosh -
more time with her!
i thank You, God!

"Oh, it's a park!
This has got to be where the squirrel is!
"
Well, if there was a furry beastie there, I did not see it, so that's another no go, dear.
I was down at Morrell Park on a reconnaissance mission.
Since I seem to be in charge of the NCW event for our SERMACS,
I needed the park's dimensions.
More on that later!

"This looks like an art exhibit, but a squirrel could be in all that..."
Oh, but there is not one!
This is not one art piece, but three combined, much like the SeeSAW that Troy Wandzel was part of - and painted me into - in 2012.
That's him, in the center, in his red ballcap, at the reception for the first BrainStorm in 2016.
That projected video, running over 2017's BrainstormRising, and a new community-built addition, formed BS3 for this year.

"Yes, he and A.J. Perez speak of that trio as memory, momentum, and creativity. Hey, I see the Squirrel Mistress!"
That's right, that's Christa on the right, sitting with Lynn and a now-blonde Barbara.
Lauri and Sandy are on the left.
I had seen a fb post about a new pizza joint that I had known would intrigue Christa... and it did!
Such a nice luncheon we had!

"How very nice for...
oh, wow!!! Look at all the pictures of squirrels!!!
How cute they are, all dressed up!
That reminds me of the photos of the odd dogs at the Jepson!
Is that what I was to find?
"
You betcha, sunshine!
Oh, and thanks for the remembrance of Wegman's art!
Now, as I said, I'm to meet Christina, so away I go!
This was quite a bit of fun!
(smile!)

2 comments:

faustina said...

Guess what?
I was the first to post a review of Squirrel's Pizza to tripadvisor!
In fact, I had to add the restaurant to the site, as it was not yet registered there.
Sah-weet!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60814-d18114368-r697912127-Squirrel_s_Pizza-Savannah_Georgia.html

faustina said...

Squirrel's Pizza has had 45 reviews on TripAdvisor!
I'm so glad I was the one who got it on that site!
Spreading the love, that's what it's all about!