Tuesday, October 15, 2019

no relics were harmed in the following post

Tonight, the bfrb and I did something a little different. We dined at The Noodle Bowl, a first for us. Then, rather than the serious fare we've had of late, we relaxed into the zaniness of "The Addams Family". Ahhhhhh... warm soup.... lightweight movie... just what my jangled nerves have needed.
(I do hope most of the NCW event's volunteers show up on Sunday.)
Feeling more relaxed, and grateful for that, I sent out a text.
That was about an hour ago... LOL!

me: Lol! Thanks for tonight, kid.

bfrb: No problem. I'm glad I could be there for you. Sometimes we all need a friend with a sign.

me: A sign that says . . ?

bfrb: "You can do it."

me: :-) You're the best. Thank you. I am not quite right as rain, but certainly on the path there.

bfrb: Glad I could help. (And that you didn't need any of the fake but still gross relics)

me: Yeah, fortunately. I mean, where would one hold a decayed foreskin for max benefit?
Above or below the waist? Ack.

bfrb: Goodness Tina. You would be a terrible peasant. The relics are usually encased in a bejeweled display. This is the alleged arm of some such saint or other. (They did not discuss how the foreskin was displayed.) Mercifully.

bfrb: Also, relics are supposed to be fresh. In the Middle Ages it was believed that the bodies of saints did not decompose.

me: Yes, but here is the problem. A saint is not a living person. Only dead people can become saints. So, when the person dies, and before they are sainted, the body decomposes. Does the rot become part of their image as a saint?

bfrb: They do not rot Tina. For they are magical. Bad peasant!

me: They rot until they are made magical! There has to be some amount of time that elapses before their saintliness is made official. Thats when they are rotting.

bfrb: And.... now you're a witch ... and the angry mob is burning you.

me: Oh. . The fire is so nice and warm. . And has such pretty colors, too!

bfrb: ...and now they're adding more wood.

me: Wonderful! How gracious of them! But i wonder where they got the money for more wood? They must not be peasants after all but kingsmen in disguise!

bfrb: And now they're roasting marshmallows. Goodnight.

me: I love that smell! Yum!

I love having this man in my life...
my best friend running bear.
What a blessing he has been for me.
i thank You, God.

No comments: