Wednesday, October 16, 2019

two tugboats and a cargo ship

Okay, let me just say that you're not reading the post title in the proper tone.
First, you have to think back twenty years, to get to "Where It's At" -
can you feel me?
Now, all you have to do is speak the title in the rhythm of the catch phrase for that song.
(smile)
Maybe I was just that mellow and relaxed that the hiphop
ditty came so easily to mind.
Hey, that was hours ago and I still feel a little buzz from
that No Jacket Required Pilsner!
Then again, maybe it was from having the brew on a sunny afternoon, up above the city at Rocks on the Roof?
Those two were definitely influences, but I think the absolute kicker was being with Chris Adams of Michigan and sharing stories of Panama that made me feel so young and chill!
I haven't seen her since my 2012 Midwest-Canada adventure!
That's her, the tall one on the left, with her friend, Virginia, both in town for a Road Scholar tour and history "lesson".
They're watching the guy using the puller to make a batch of orange taffy at River Street Sweets.
They'd wanted to actually take in the cobblestones up close and personal, as well as pop into some shops, something they'd not yet had a chance to do.
This place had been the first to grab our attention.
It was the siren call of those sweet aromas that had lured us in, but the store's generosity of free samples kept us there!
In fact, here are Chris and Virginia enjoying some of that taffy, still warm from its workout on the machine and smelling - and tasting - of sunny citrus!
I had a chunk of it, too, to top off the hunks of pralines and toffee and Southern pecans granted earlier.
That means I had sugar, sugar, and more sugar for lunch!

No wonder I'm still floating!
Plus, Zoltar had an uplifting message for me!
"Round and round the ball will spin
Till it draws your good luck in
Ah, I can foretell for you
Good luck in a month or two.
The crystal gazer has wonderful things in store
for you.
A dear one will return from a long trip and your
whole life will be different.
You have a patient disposition and your patience
is about to be rewarded.
Despair not I say for your days of despair will
soon be over.
Your calm spirit, and your good sense will see
you through all emergencies.
You have many friends, particularly in the armed forces. They are loyal to you, and are glad of an opportunity to be of 'service' to you."


I've reconnected on fb this year
with several friends from my two
years in Okinawa.
Maybe one of them can put me in touch with Mikey!
(smile!)
As for my visitors today, after our 'happy hour', they wanted to check out Paula Deen's store, naturally.
They then sent me on my way, assuring me that the DOT shuttle would get them back to the Desoto... and off to shopping on Broughton Street they went.
I knew the DOT would do it, too, as I had been careful
to use it for our ride earlier from their hotel.
Knowledge is not only power but also independence!
(smile)
So, amid hugs from them, I'd boarded the DOT to Forsyth, where my car took me to the church.
It was Southern food night for WNS, with ham and
sweet potato and collard greens!
There was even one lone piece of lemon pound cake waiting amidst all the brownies and marble cake on the dessert table.
That bit of sweet has truly been the icing on the cake of these Wednesday Night Suppers!
For five weeks now I've been blessed with that treat!
And look at that odomoeter: 210090 -
that's what it was when I left Forsyth Park after my day with Chris and Virginia!
I had thought the park was farther away... nope!

Now, I'm back at the park again!
Specifically, of course, I'm at the Sentient Bean for the PFS film, which, on this October eve, is "Monster On The Campus", a 1959 science fiction 'horror' flick.
You know what that means: the phone has to fly away!
Hahahahaha!
Later, tater!

1 comment:

faustina said...

The movie was very good! A scientist at a university had to figure out were a prehistoric man was and he used authentic scientific practices to determine the truth.
Very nice!
Axelle and Jordan were there, too, but will be off to France on Saturday to visit her friends and family. I so need a vacation!
Oh, and Hai was there, with Carolyn. I gave him the "Pearls Before Swine" comic and the check and the Czech. I told him as I did that I had known how much he had enjoyed his time in that country and I had thought of him when I saw it. To my relief, he accepted it.
i thank You, God.