Saturday, April 16, 2022

thanks, penny, for getting me lunch and dinner today!

Yeah, she's in Tallahassee, but she sent me the Jason's Deli card, so that certainly counts!
I had never had Shelley's Deli Chick croissant and found it's cool chicken salad, with pineapple and almonds, to be a very nice change of pace for lunch.
For dinner, I'll be having the Club Royale, which promises to be a savory meat delight with its bacon, ham, and smoked turkey.
One thing's for sure: I'm so grateful to not have to look in the pantry and the fridge to try to decide what to make.
What a definite treat from the task of adulting!
The photo above is not of those sandwiches, but was lifted from fb.
Dan Baisden, one of those who periodically would be at Drinking Liberally, is the poster of the classic conundrum.
You know, the whole "which came first" question posed about chicken and eggs.
As for the one on the left, New Jersey guy Gene Perrone offered it.
Poor Bob must have used up the prescription in those glasses, if he's mistaking the microwave for the television!
(That line about the Rx is an inside joke for Mama!)
He's lucky to have such a helpful wife, right?
And here's a tongue-twister from Danny Beam.
I haven't been seeing many of his posts, since fb has decided to lose him from my feed, but I'm glad I caught this.
True, it's from two months ago, but still funny!
Anyone who ever looked at the word "Worcestershire" and then stumbled around trying to say it would agree.
Sure, "Rooster sooster" is just wrong, wrong, wrong...
but "Warsha chester sire" at least gets props for trying.
And that "Worst sister shire" sounds like something my brother Ronnie would have come up with.
For real!
In fact, I can just hear him now in this one, too, gleaned from Jay Sinclair's page.
Looking at the menu, one old lady says "I'm really in the mood for a Quickie!"
Yeah, that would have had Ronnie's interest, right there!
Maybe she should have had her glasses, but she had the next best thing: a friend to help her pronounce "quiche"!
My Boomer pal, Karen Sherman, now moved off to Florida, would certainly have appreciated it, too.
This one about fast food orders dates back to February, as did the previous one.
So, here we have a frazzled parent - notice, it could be a mom or a dad! - trying to get a "kids meal with the leg" and go on home, and instead of saying 'sure', the clerk asks, "Which side?"
Trust me, having been in the car with my first niece's girls often enough, I can certainly appreciate the stumble that caused amid all the conversations in the car.
Even so, "I guess the right side" was a response that surely brightened the clerk's day!
How very nice, then, of clerk to regain their composure and to not try to embarrass the parent, but to gently lead them to a more correct response to the query, "Which side?"
And, now to finish with one from sister-in-law Mary's sister in Louisiana, Hallie, whose page I always look to for a chuckle.
While out shopping, the guy pulls out a piece of paper and goes over his list.
"Cream, bread, cake, meatloaf, black-eyed peas..."
Just a minute, he thinks to himself, did I grab the right piece of paper?
Then he realizes his mistake.
"Wait! This isn't my grocery list... 
it's my music playlist."
Hahahaha! Hahaha!
And, yeah, I know all of those bands, so that makes it even funnier to me!
I'd be willing to bet my ex, the Deejay, knows all of them, too, even though I doubt he's ever played "Cream" or "Bread" at any of the stations - those would have been too old, going back to my youth!

No comments: