Friday, April 14, 2023

couldn't get a ticket/ was a sold-out show

Note to self: get over this aversion to paying for parking downtown.
If I had been in line when the box office opened at the Lucas, at 6 PM, I most likely would have gained entry to "The Mighty Wurlitzer Comes Home".
That would have cost an extra dollar at the meter, but still been cheaper than the fees (an exorbitant $4 for a $10 ticket) charged to purchase online.
 

Still, I was out front as the vaudeville team entered...
and when the showgirls paraded in!
Very nice!
 

I was still there, under the marquee lights, when those sparkly silver dresses came prancing back out again, accompanied by the stylish ushers!
How lovely of that young man to turn and pose for me!
I wish the vaudeville player had, too, but...
what a winning smile this guy had!
 

I followed them around the corner, snapping pictures as they headed back toward the stage door and out of sight.
There's a scene not seen often in an alley!
Such fun, even though I'd missed the show!
i thank God for my imagination!


By the time all the fun watching the various troupes in the alley was over, I still had time on the meter, as I'd paid the full limit up to 8 PM - after all, I'd thought I'd be inside the Lucas.
So, I still had twenty minutes to go.
You know what I did on this lovely spring day, right?
I went to Ben & Jerry's!
Chocolate chip cookie dough, nondairy, was my reward for this trip downtown!
Well, that, and sitting to eat it in Columbia Square, to listen to the burble of that little green fountain.
Bliss!

1 comment:

faustina said...

You caught the reference in the post title, right?

...
put his ear to the wall
and like a distant scream
he heard one guitar
just blow him away
it didn't take long
the very next day
he bought a beat up six-string
from the secondhand store...

Yeah, I love that sequence!
It has numbers in it!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juke_Box_Hero