Tuesday, April 4, 2023

easter love in the mail

Mostly, they were meant as little reminders that I was thinking of the recipients.
I very much liked this design, with the bright and perky butterflies flitting about -
kudos to Hallmark for the spring colors!
I'd spotted that package of 6 cards on a CVS trip two weeks ago, then another package, with a more explicit Easter message, so I bought both at the time.
This morning, I addressed and stamped the envelopes first, deciding the religious cards would go to my brothers, my folks in Alabama, my niece Hope, and cousin Bev in Augusta.
She contacted me about coming there for Easter dinner, but I'm not sure I'm up for nearly three hours on the road...
well, not yet.
Plus, as I told her, I'm working the Savannah Music Festival this weekend.
I'm likely to be rather tired after more than six hours on my feet Saturday - I'm working a double shift, as they are short on volunteers that day.
I'll still have energy to get to Smitty and Mary's for dinner, though!
(smile!)
Ahem... where was I?
Oh, yes, getting envelopes done.
The butterflies all flitted to Hinesville and Guyton and Port Wentworth, for five great-nieces and one great-nephew.
Those envelopes all had sheets of stamps with flowers and butterflies inside for the four little blonde girls, with the girl and boy in Port Wentworth getting colorful smiley faces.
All six sheets of stamps were courtesy of Easterseals.
That's kinda sorta an inside joke for me and the universe.
(smile!)
After all of that was done, then I wrote a little note inside each card, making sure to put the correct card in each envelope before sealing them up.
After all of that was done, I looked at the time.
Almost ninety minutes had gone by!
So, it occurred to me to wonder at the cost of all this love, outgoing.
Besides the time involved, I also spent $5.99 on each pack of cards, then $7.56 on the twelve stamps, and I sent $15 to Easterseals to support their work with children.
The total was $35.38, including sales tax for the cards.
That's worth it to me, to be able to give them love they can hold in their hands.
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

I knew it had been a while since I sent love in the mail to the kids!
Guess I need to see about doing that again, soon!
I wonder what occasion I can celebrate with them?
(smile!)