Wednesday, September 13, 2017

invention progress report: website acquired


Well, alrighty then!
Heather Bateman, of the MIPA marketing team, just called with most excellent news!
On August 21, she had emailed a questionaire concerning what website name I would like for my invention.
By August 25, I had an answer for her.
The name had popped into my head first thing that morning.
I had heard nothing more and was planning to send out a query, but she beat me to it.
The website name has been obtained!
As I told Heather, this was such glorious news to receive after this Irma-induced turmoil!
Now to spread the word to my investors - I definitely want to share this with them!

I'll also tell them about the copyright.
That was applied for on May 24, 2017.
I hope to hear back about it from the United States Copyright Office sometime around Thanksgiving, at the earliest. Six to eight months from filing date - that seems like a long time, but it's flying by!

One more thing to share will be concerning the patent itself.
After more than two months of proposed drawings from MIPA, with me making corrections and clarifications each time, the Provisional Patent Application was finalized and filed on August 18, 2017.
That means my invention has now achieved 'patent pending' status!
I hope to soon receive the receipt from the United States Patent and Trademark Office. That requires three to five weeks...and it's been about that long.

Now, to await a call from Kelsey later this week.
She is the one at MIPA who will design the website and introduce it to the public.
I am so excited!!!

i thank You, God!

5 comments:

nephew Zach said...

Awesome! I'm so happy for you. Love!

Jeff the ex said...

Congrats honey. Please tell me your power is on.

Aunt Linda said...

I am thrilled for you! Please keep us posted.

cousin Penny said...

Woohoo! One step closer... Congratulations Tina!

s&r Paul said...

Congratulations! I'll tell Cathy!