Friday, September 8, 2017

irma



Yesterday, Armstrong closed its doors at 5:00 PM, planning to not re-open until next Wednesday.
SCAD had already closed its doors on Tuesday, postponing their first week of classes.
By day's end, Savannah Tech will also close until some time next week.
Everyone had been told that we would have to wait until Thursday before we would have a better idea of how Hurricane Irma was going to impact our area.
It seemed most folks would rather not do so.
I know I have been tormented by remembrances of the effect of last year's bully boy.
Should I stay or should I go?
If I go, in which direction?
No one knew, of course.
Yesterday, Irma seemed to have her eye dead set on Savannah.
That meant north or west would be preferred.
At least my hands are in good shape and I will be able to drive - but, to where?
I took myself to "Valley of Bones" in the afternoon, then "Home Again" last night.
One was a modern western with T. Rex bones instead of gold as the treasure sought.
The other was a woman facing midlife decisions and finding a new support group, with Carole King's song wrapping it all up at the end.
Both were very nice distractions from the madness in my head and swirling all around.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****

This morning, Irma's path has markedly changed.
Savannah will still catch the edges of her dress as she storms past, but we will not be tromped on.
Here's the updated prediction from the National Hurricane Center and from Pat Prokop's page.


And here is my message from The Universe:

"3:48 AM (7 hours ago)
It is OK. You are all right. You needn't second guess anymore, Faustina.
Everyone is safe. Nothing "bad" is going to happen. All of the promises have been kept.
And you could not possibly be more adored.
By me,
The Universe
"

i thank You, God.

Now, I have clothes to wash and sales taxes to work on and papers to grade...
and, yes, perhaps even a movie later on.
(smile)

No comments: