Saturday, September 30, 2017

happy 60th, Doug!


Here he is,
the birthday guy!
What's that in his hand,
you ask?
Why, that's the
birthday gift from me!
He really liked that I had
a tree planted in his honor -
my thanks to the
Arbor Day Foundation!
My thanks to Amy,
Doug's wife of 17 years,
for inviting me
to this 'pool players'
surprise birthday party
for the big man!


In fact, that's Amy Povie on the couch, snuggled up to her man!
To their left - that would be your right - are Rob and Lindsay Norman, whose house served as the perfect party place for all the families that came.
Yes, that's right - familes! So many kids of various ages playing games and having fun! There were even some who dared to get in the pool - but the water was far too cool for me.
I preferred hanging out and catching up with folks I don't see nearly often enough.
Plus, I spoke with a fellow who does physical therapy about my right knee. I was so reassured when he told me I was doing exactly the right thing to allow it to heal!
(smile)

I even tried a fairly local beer,
out of Marietta, Georgia,
from Red Hare Brewing Company.
(Rob has always been good
about having plenty
of novelty brews
for all to sample.)
I must say, it was Babe Rabbit
taking a swing
that attracted me to the can,
but I was hooked
after the first sip.
I just may have to get a little
of this Classic Craft
Light Lager for myself.
Thanks, Rob!
And many thanks to Amy
for the fried chicken
and collard greens that went home with me!
I do hope we'll all see each other again soon!
(smile)

No comments: