Wednesday, January 17, 2018

cheers in the new year!


Yep, that's the ex, raising a glass to me!
He was at his favorite place in Rome,
checking out the new local brews when
one caught his attention:
Downtown Brown Ale.
Knowing my fondness for the browns,
he ordered it with thoughts of me.
Rather sweet of him, wouldn't you say?
(smile)

The occasion brought to mind several recent events shared with friends.
For instance, this one with Joe of the ATL.
We were at The Original Pancake House,
a favorite haunt of ours last Sunday,
following a night he'd spent on my couch.
So the brunch was his treat - hooray!
Behind him are Brantley and Luis, too!

Why was my dear Rogue in town?
Well, Jim Reed and other musicians were
paying tribute to the music of Tom Petty
,
so Joe had driven in on Saturday night.
I was to have joined him at the venue -
but that didn't happen - too cold to
walk off in search of a strange bar.
But I did join him at The Diner afterward!

Carolyn joined us there, too,
as did Will of the Bean's Wednesday film buffs.
Such a good time we had!
I wish I could have talked myself into the concert,
but I had been to JavaFlix Savannah earlier
and was just ready to be warm, you know?
That's why sharing grits and pancakes and bacon
at this Abercorn joint had worked for me!

Speaking of Abercorn joints,
this was taken at the Longhorn
on the eleventh with the physicist
doing his best funny face!
The reason for the dinner?
Just because, that's why!
Now that he's living out in Berwick,
we don't see each other much.
Plus, he has no evening classes this term.
It was just time for us to be together!
(smile)

As for the luncheon earlier that same day
at the Olive Garden,
that was a celebration of birthdays!
Chelsea was turning 19 and Melinda
would be 56 in another week or so,
so best to fete both at once!
Don't mother and daughter look radiant?
How good of Christina to treat them that day!

How very good of her to include me, too!
Here she is, post-lunch, showing off
her new shirt from the musical she attended
as a gift from her favorite German!
He even went with her and enjoyed the show!
Maybe I need to start ushering at the
Civic Center, broaden my entertainment
opportunities and cultural palette...
perhaps I will!

Now, though, I'm going to relax. There's a double-header of Whoopi Goldberg movies that - unbelievably - I've never seen. First is a Christmas-themed treat, "Call Me Claus", which sounds pretty good! Then will be a basketball-centered flick called "Eddie", so that will certainly be different for me.
Hey, they're both free and on tv, so that works for me!
Later!

No comments: