Monday, January 15, 2018

cards from myrtle's gay dolphin



While in Myrtle Beach, I found these lovely note cards at The Gay Dolphin. I hadn't intended to purchase anything, you understand... but I have a weakness for nice stationery. The boxes featured the work of a local artist, Mike Booher, on ten cards; the box had been marked down from $5.99 to only 97 cents. What a bargain! So, I bought two boxes.
That was in addition to my two magnets and my smashed penny.
(smile)
Today, I've been writing Thank-You notes to those who sent me Christmas gifts.
One went to my cousin Penny for the "Chemistree" sweater.
The second is off to Paris - that's Tennessee, y'all - to outlaw Kathy for a silver "Christmas ornament" cheese plate and spreader.
A third will travel to my Aunt Barbara for the fancy dark-green blouse and the scrumptious Christmas dinner.
Another goes to Nami for the cookie jar of salted caramel crisps and the kitchen towel featuring all nine reindeer.
Then, there's one to update my youngest brother.

***** ***** ***** ***** *****
"Dear Tony,
Hey! I meant to come visit yesterday, but my friend Joe came down from Atlanta. Our friend Jim Reed was part of a concert featuring the music of Tom Petty, so Joe came to hear him. Then we all met up afterward at The Diner for "breakfast". Joe stayed at my house Saturday night. He took me out to brunch yesterday at The Original Pancake House, then we went to the house his parents own and rent out on Maupas Street. That house has been such a time and money drain! The roof is in need of a lot of work. Joe left a key with me so I can let the workers in, whenever that finally gets scheduled. What a mess. By the time he left at 3:30, your visitation was over.
Do you work on Saturdays? That day may end up being better for me, if it is for you. I would most likely go there around 11 AM or so. Your thoughts on this?
I do hope your job is going well. I'm sure you're learning new skills and that is always a good thing.
Okay, I need to take a break. I've been cat-proofing my house. My friend Ed DeVita - who I've known since 1991 - has asked me to board his three cats while his house gets repaired over the next "two months, max" he says. He had a tree fall and punch a hole in his roof during Hurricane Irma and when they started fixing that hey found termite damage. Ugh. Termite damage is so nasty.
Anyway, I'm the only person he knows who doesn't have dogs or kids and who likes cats. Tag, I'm it!
It's going to be an adventure, for sure.
with much love!
"

No comments: