Monday, January 1, 2018

thanks, brandon


"If you were able to look back at your most brilliant successes, stunning comebacks, amazing catches, and smokin' ideas, Faustina, and you were to find that virtually all of them seemed to materialize out of thin air, when you least expected them, and that they had exceeded even your greatest expectations at the time, how excited would you be about the new year and whatever else I've got up my sleeve?
Hubba, hubba -
The Universe
"

I admit, I'm pretty excited about the new year. What will it mean for my invention? What will it mean for future chemistry students? What will it mean for my lifestyle?
And what an amazingly positive message from the Universe!

I made sure that Sandy and I
began the year as we should.
Being Southerners, we are required
to eat hoppin' john and greens
on the first day of the year,
no matter where we are dining.
Our thanks to Brandon Robinson,
my Sav'h Tech boss, for the
gift card at the semester's end.
That ten dollars may not have
seemed like much to some folks,
but I was genuinely touched by his gesture - and by his kind words.
"Thanks for all of your hard work during this hectic fall semester."

Not only was I able to make the
traditional celebratory meal,
but I transformed the leftovers
into soup for our dinner!
The ham was combined with cheddar
to make grilled sandwiches, too.
Such a nice warm ending for
such a cold and blustery day!

No comments: