Monday, January 8, 2018

first day of class, 1st day warm!


The snow has finally melted from my yard, both front and back!
Hallelujah!
By the time I was eating breakfast, the temperature outside was already 46 °F.
Hallelujah!
That's the warmest it has been in eight days.
i thank You, God.

This was my first night of teaching this spring semester.
I washed clothes and visited with Nami before school. Everyone there was in a better mood now that the bitter cold has finally released its death grip on us.
I was able to go there without wearing my coat!
Of course, I was wearing a T-shirt beneath my sweater... but not having to wear my heavy coat and scarf and hat and mittens was a big deal! I haven't been able to walk around without those for the past eight days.
i thank You, God.

I did wear my heavy coat when I went to school... but I didn't need to snap it closed.
When I went from my office to the classroom, requiring me to walk between the two buildings of the Science Center, I even left my coat in my office...
and I was fine!
i thank You, God.

After class, I decided to finally go out to a movie. You know, in a cinema... at night. This was the first time for that in almost two weeks, mostly because of the cold. And the ice on the roads and the slush on the ground.
I had hoped to see "Coco" one more time, with my free movie pass. However, when I heard its screening room was cold, I backed out.
What else to see for free?
"The Greatest Showman" was available... and it was in a warm room... and I've been wanting to see it since before it came to the cinemas.
So, with my free popcorn - thanks AMC for the survey - and a tiny Coca-Cola ICEE, off I went to see Hugh Jackman as the ultimate purveyor of oddities, P.T. Barnum.
I was captivated from the very first moment.
So many thrilling songs and exciting dance steps and dazzling colors... oh my!
I can't wait to see it again!
i thank You, God, for this day, and this night, of warmth and love.
(smile)

i thank You, also, for this message at 3:57 AM:

It's got nothing to do with being a perfect, goody-goody, selfless, sacrificing, spiritual saint, Faustina. Blah! That whole characterization was meant for a different audience at a different time, and they really had issues.
It's got everything to do with being yourself, trusting the magic, following your heart, dreaming big, and having fun.
Hosanna in the highest,
The Universe


I really needed that.
Nice time, too.
(smile)

No comments: