Tuesday, January 23, 2018

ice cream! half-naked men! tacos!


All that, and warmth, too!
i thank You, God!
This afternoon, I had the heat off and the fan on, windows open, inviting all the glorious, naturally warm air into my house - aaaahhh!
I even sat on the front steps for more close to an hour, soaking up sun, feeling the cholesterol converting into Vitamin D all over my exposed skin on my face, my arms, my lower legs - aaaahhh!
Seriously, it felt like forever since I've been this warm.
i thank You, God.
Then I had trapped the heat in the house and run off to see the movie about the little bear. The Galileo thermometer in my hall was registering 72 for the first time in well over a month, perhaps over two months.
i thank You, God!

This evening, I gave one of my two free tickets to the "Lip Sync Battle" for LLS to Carolyn. I was granted the tickets to the second annual event at the Lucas courtesy of my having walked the walk.
I have been looking forward to this so much! Last year, at its inaugural event, I was an usher so I had to comport myself accordingly. No screaming in joy, no carried-slap-away clapping and hooting, no drooling over the sexy guys. No such qualms this time, my dears!

Whatever do I mean?
Well, here's the video of the winning team,
Marcia Danes of Old Town Trolley Tours.
Such "Sweet Dreams" I had afterward!

Then there was Vinnie King of Huc-A-Poo's on Tybee.
No need for that tall drink of water to "Beat It",
especially when he can unite kids from
Savannah Arts Academy into a unite front!
Can you say "dance-off time"?

There was even a great hilarious bit
from Elyse last year!
I had such a "Girl Crush" after her number!
Woot woot! You go, girl!

And did I mention that the Savannah Bananas
performed last year
, too?
I just loved the "air band"
in their first number,
but having the Banana Boys
dropping that bootie
for "Hollaback Girl" was superb!

David James and the Outback Crew were the only ones from last year that didn't compete this time. Perhaps they didn't want to upstage their Bon Jovi bit and give love a bad name? LOL! Seriously, they were a "Brick House", I kid you not!
David was one of the judges this year, so perhaps he had to remain unbiased.
In any case, the other four contestants were very much in evidence, as well as three new contenders: the Bar-Food Boys, Dwayne Allen, and The ImPrincenator. However, the start time was posted as an hour earlier than in reality.
What's a girl to do?
Well, the weather was cooling, but still balmy enough for ice cream! Off to Ben & Jerry's for the Caramel Almond Brittle! Yum!
i thank You, God!

After every delicious drop
had been devoured,
on my way back into the Lucas,
I paused by the G100.1 table.
Wow!
They had the dvd of the
third season of "iZOMBiE"!
The young woman told me,
"You can have it if you'll
pose for a picture for me."
Yes, I did, too!
I love that show!
Definitely right place, right time...
i thank You, God!

Carolyn had snagged us aisle seats just eight rows from the stage - sah-weet!
We were also blessed to sit behind two people who stayed seated most of the time, so our short selves could better enjoy the show. What a boon! The Lucas was pretty crowded, especially with all the supporters for the three favorites of the beer-drinkig crowd. We were so fortunate with our seats!
i thank You, God!
And the show?
Spectacular! I do hope they will post the videos on youTube soon!
Meanwhile, here are a few shots - non-alcoholic - to whet your whistle.
(smile)

The ImPrincenator, center stage,
flanked by Jamie dancing
and another woman air-guitaring.
The song?
One of my all-time favorites:
"Kiss"!
If only I could!
(smile)

This number by them was such fun!
Want to take a guess what it was?
Hint: notice the bike's color...
ding! Ding! Ding!
"Little Red Corvette"!
That girl can really dance, too!

The Savannah Bananas were there in force tonight,
as they were last time.
They had, by far, the largest group up on stage.
Entertaining?
You bet they were, especially with Split
sporting the new underwear!
Gives a whole new meaning to "banana hammock"!
(smile)

And Elyse brought the comedy again!
For her first skit, she took us
from single life with Beyonce
to wedded bliss with the Dixie Cups.
She evidently used this old adage as her script -
"First comes love, then comes marriage,
then comes mama with a baby carriage."
Girl, "Push It", as Salt-n-Pepa say,
push it real good! LOL!

This offering from Vinnie King
was definitely one of my favorites!
He and the woman are recreating
the dance contest held at
Jack Rabbit Slim's in "Pulp Fiction" -
simply fabulous!
They even included the announcer!

Vinnie brought in a little sugar for his spice
in the longer set!
He was solo at first, "Singin' In The Rain",
then the Downtown Delilahs joined him with
a little "Umbrella" bump and grind... ooh la la!

Dwayne Allen brought home the reason
for this entertainment event
with his heartfelt performance of "See You Again".
The song may have been created for "Furious 7",
but everyone in the room was touched by it...
and touched by memories of loved friends and
family lost to cancer.
Dwayne may not have won tonight,
but he made an impact.

The big winners of this lip sync contest
were the five guys of the Bar Food Boys,
both for their NSYNC boy-dacious dance moves
as well as their fundraising,
bringing in more than $7000!
"Bye Bye Bye", y'all -
and thanks for sweet dreams tonight!

What about the tacos?
Those were had at Betty Bombers afterward while Carolyn and I tried to settle down our still-excited selves after the show!
Good food, good company...
good night!
(smile)

No comments: