Saturday, September 8, 2018

happy un-birthday, squirrel mistress!


Yes, I realize that the song actually speaks of it
being a "merry" event...
and there needn't be a hyphen...
but this is my beach and I can write things howsomever I wish!
Plus, my term was more appropriate.
After all, las tres amigas were not in Pooler to celebrate a birthday, but an adoption day,
celebrating the legal addition of Christa to her nonbirth family.
In fact, our hostess and her New Yorkers refer to
the date as family day.
(smile)
I'm hoping my (almost) great-niece will soon have
one of those dates, too!
(smile!)

Here's the hostess, our very own squirrel mistress,
in a quite lovely party dress!
It even has a crinoline under the skirt!
She's right between Sandy - one of las tres amigas -
and Lynn of Tybee, avid fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers,
her boys of fall and winter.
Yep, that's Lynn, once more!
(Almost like a panoramic shot, ain't it?)
(smile)
Across from her is her one-and-only, ever-loving daughter, Laura, also an avid Steelers girl,
but not yet with a tattoo of their tricolor logo -
unlike her mom.
(smile)
In between is Barbara, un otra amiga, no tattoos,
no football affiliation.
(smile)

It felt like a No Kidding! reunion - I kid you not!
(smile)
That's the group we had originally met in, more than a decade ago. Laura had started the chapter when she had moved to Savannah and we had all welcomed it into our lives - and welcomed each other, too.
Such a wonderful night, bad movie and all!
We were our very own version of mst3k-like group, making constant comments to the 2005 un-masterpiece "Double Down".
What's the most sure-fire indication of a bad movie?
Well, if the credits list the same person as the writer, director, producer, and star, then it'll definitely be a stinker.
Not only did the 47-year-old Neil Breen do all of that, but he also edited the movie and was the music director.
Hey, the man had a dream...
and now I hope to keep those images out of mine!
No, seriously, it was a rather tame scifi flick, with lots of old laptops and multiple flip phones serving as his network to control satellites and save the world... I bet the physicist would get a laugh out of it!
Maybe I'll recommend it to him in the near future.
Hey, maybe he and I can find "Twisted Pair" and watch it for Breen's 60th birthday! That's on November 23rd, the day after the bfe hits the speed limit of 45. That sounds like the makings of a plan, y'all!
For now, though, I'm going to enjoy the afterglow of time spent with friends!
i thank You, God!

No comments: