Sunday, April 8, 2018

happy birthday to my (almost) great-niece


It was all about the unicorns!
My first niece had taken a fancy to them and decided that would be today's theme.
(Gee, I wonder who else she knows that loves those mythical creatures?
Could it be ... me? Sure enough!
So, I am counting this as part of my 60th!)
(smile!)
Speaking of my dear Christina, here she is!
Why was she trying to get a photo of these swans?
Well, once upon a time here at the KOA Campground,
when she was working at this site in Richmond Hill,
she had helped raise two baby swans.
I think she was hoping they would remember her!
They did not seem to, though.
(smile)
Here's Christina with my littlest great-niece, Miyah!
That's Aunt-Granny Lisa right there filming, with Grammy Melinda (in the white top) doing the same.
It was time for the birthday song and we all chimed in!
Miyah even had her own little cake to eat...
or play with, whichever she wanted.
She opted to do both - why make a tough choice about cake? (smile)
Time to open all the presents!
The table had been loaded down with gifts -
how better to open them than surrounded
by all those who love her?
Family, friends from day care, friends from church, friends from all over!
Hey, that's what I'm sayin'!
(smile)
What's that green, fuzzy creature?
That's a sea turtle, my dear, to go along with the bathtub book about it!
Your G'Aunt Tina - that's me - thought most folks would be giving you frilly clothes - they did - or girlie toys like dolls - they did - or unicorns - they did - and I wanted to be different and share my love of the ocean.
So, that's what I did!
(smile!)
Who was that dark-haired boy above?
That's her soon-to-be almost stepbrother,
Christian Junior, playing a rousing game of ping-pong with his dad, Christian.
(The party was held in the clubhouse and there was a plethora (inside joke with Christina!) of activities
for the kids.)
There was even Pin The Horn on the Unicorn!
(smile!)
What game was this?
It was a rainbow-hued punchboard, filled with prizes for all behind each colorful tissue!
(I took it home afterward, to maybe recycle for my birthday party... maybe!)
Those pretty little blonde girls are her twin cousins, my great-nieces, ready to lend a hand.
That's Leila in the pink shirt - of course! - and Alyssa in the flowered top.
(smile!)


i thank You, God, for this blessed day with family!

No comments: