Sunday, June 3, 2018

birthday flowers



In memory of my parents, I paid for today's flowers for the sanctuary.
That was also to honor them for my 60th birthday.
The cost?
Only sixty dollars...
as if it were meant for me to do this...
and I know that it was.
I had signed up on the 2018 Flower Calendar as soon as it had been posted.
Why had I selected this post-birthday Sunday rather than the pre-birthday one?
Well, the first Sunday of the month has the Holy Communion during the service. Then, after the service, the BIG Coffee Hour is a pot-luck luncheon for fellowship. Those two "extras" would certainly make a lovely celebration at the end of my birthday week!
Sadly, that was not how things worked out...
but more on that later.


What became of those lovely flowers in the sanctuary?
They became blessings for others, divided up into smaller bouquets and readied for delivery to those who are ill or hospitalized or grieving.
These four are the last ones there, awaiting their trip to brighten another's day.
I know Mama and Daddy would have liked that part the best...
and that's how I feel, too.
Now, I'm awaiting a call from the Left Coast, and my phone is ringing...
so, bye for now...

1 comment:

Aunt Linda said...

June 6, 2018 8:50 AM

Thanks for sharing. Knowing the flowers enhanced worship and then blessed church members in need makes it ever so special. You are one fine daughter, Tina. I love you dearly.