Tuesday, June 5, 2018

weird like me, please


Please be as weird as me...
This afternoon, I watched an odd little romance called "How To Talk To Girls At Parties", over at the Spotlight. What made it odd was the zany role Nicole Kidman had. What made it delightful for me was its twist on the "Beauty And The Beast" format. This time, the boy was a human being, but the girl was an alien creature.
Truly delightful... and fabulous ending!
Good story, Neil Gaiman, as always!

Please be as weird as me...
Later in the day, I watched an episode of "The X-Files" that I had always enjoyed. Titled "Three Of A Kind", it featured the Lone Gunmen in Las Vegas (where I will soon be!). Why does this appeal to me? There's a romance in there, between the double agent Suzanne Modeski and John Fitzgerald Byers, one of the Lone Gunmen. Theirs is a sweet story, between a beautiful model and a conspiracy nerd.
Like the movie seen earlier, the couple was not destined to be together.
Like the movie seen earlier, the woman left a memento with the man.

Please be as weird as me...
and please stay forever.

1 comment:

hopeful romantic faustina said...

Still waiting...
still hoping...
maybe one day.
Meanwhile, I continue to be blessed with family and friends.
The trick is to enjoy the present, because it truly is a gift.