Monday, May 15, 2017

going to the dogs on a monday


Before you think I'm having a bad day, please allow me to clarify.
I've taken Faustina's Film Festival to the wonderful world of William Wegman and his Weimaraners!
So many videos, so little time!
(smile)
I jest, of course, but only slightly.
First, though, may be the question of why I chose Wegman's works.

Well, honestly, the man impressed me as being not only very intelligent and endowed with a quick wit, but also a man naturally curious.
When I had attended the lecture for his new art installation, "Improved Photographs", at the Jepson last Thursday, I had managed to take a quick photo of him.
I also wrote a few notes to myself during his talk.
I think that perhaps he noticed that.
(smile)

Afterward, I visited the exhibit before venturing forth for the reception.
What fun foods and activities!
As well as treating us to dog-bone biscuits and "puppy chow", there was a selection of old photos and postcards for us to "improve"!
My first selection was a landscape; I added the bright Groot-like being enjoying the sunset.
Then I found a postcard of Siena! Oh, joy, to bring life to the ancient structure!
(smile)

About that time, the man disengaged from a group of admirers and came to stand by me. And guess what? I actually opened my mouth and had a conversation with him! I first talked about his drawing that the bfe would have liked ("Profile Of A Sphere). That I followed with my liking the humor of his cutlery photograph ("one or two spoons, two or three forks"). I finished with a series of queries about life with his dogs.
He probably thought I was daft,
but that's okay.

I blame it all on my (blonde) roots,
to paraphrase Garth Brooks.
(smile)
I think Bill would have liked this homage I created,
using my lovely Shoreline utensils
arranged in a twist from his variation.
I call it
"one or two forks,
two or three spoons".
I like having my smiley-face table
as the backdrop, too!

Okay... time to get back on track about movies... for instance, most of this series of videos was part of Wegman's lecture.
"Randy's Sick" was the first that he showed. "Spelling Lesson", with Man Ray offering "beech" instead of the referred "beach", was the third on Thursday.

The one I had hoped to see then, however,
was a true movie,
complete with plot and everything!
"The Hardly Boys in Hardly Gold"
has certainly tickled my funnybone today!
Battina and Crooky (two girl dogs)
had been invited to lunch,
but Aunt Gladiola was missing -
where was she?
What was going on up there at the lake?
What was that smell???


And just what is going on here? Chip had brought over a lovely video that they were watching about Rangeley, Maine!
Very funny film, especially the not-quite-right science!
(smile)

So, what else was there in WegmanWorld?
Any more movies?
Why, yes, indeed! There is an entire twelve-part series wrapped around Christmastime. I decided to think of this as only one movie, though. (As patient as the digs are, I imagine each little segment probably represents an hour of actual filming.) Altogether, the films are about twenty minutes of holiday comedy, with not a single partridge in sight. "Fay's Twelve Days of Christmas" is truly a marvel! Each day found them with a new activity: finding the right tree, decking the (clean!) halls, making fruit "cake" (that included three pears), reading stories of sharing, doing crafts, icing the cookies, making popcorn chains, having snowball fights and sledding, decorating the tree, wrapping gifts, hanging the stockings... and then opening the presents on Christmas Day! Wow! And there was even a gift for the Hardly family's pet, Buster!
(smile)

Now, I'm off to see "The Fate of The Furious" again!
No dogs in it, but there is a Rock...
and the man who voices an alien tree...
so I think the Wegman Weis would approve!
(smile!)
Plus, I get free popcorn and soda for my birthday!
Hooray!
There's protein in popcorn, right?
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

By the way, did I mention that the movie was free, too? Not just the popcorn and soda?
What a deal!