Friday, April 26, 2024

airy tales can come true, it can happen to you, if you're young at heart


Don't adjust your monitor, that "f" was left off on purpose!
The SavChTh had a special tonight: "Airy Tales: Aerial Arts Showcase"!
I so love these and I was fortunate to have heard about this one in plenty of time to keep an eye on the schedule, as there were only two shows.
Tonight's was the only one for me, and I had sped there from the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta, giving out hugs while all were still at the table.
(smile!)

I still found myself sitting several rows back, instead of at the front.
That's okay, there was plenty of visibility so I didn't miss a thing!
The first set contained a whopping fourteen dance numbers!!!
All of the songs were from a variety of plays and musicals...
including "Little Red Riding Hood", about halfway through!!!
How sweet, with the girl and wolf doing routines on the hoops!
But there was an extra touch, just for me: the song used was "Lil Red Riding Hood", by Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs!!!
Right place, right time!!!
(smile!)

I also very much liked "Run, Boy, Run", with two boys chasing each other on the hoops.
Very energetic, very cool!!!
That was the last song in the first set.
The second half of the program had sixteen song and dance numbers - wow!
The very first one had all the older kids, on rings and silks, performing acrobatic twists and flips as Disney-style villains.
And what was that song?
"Rotten To The Core"!!!
Hahahaha!!!
I also very much enjoyed "Lost Boy" from "Peter Pan", with three teens on hoops doing synchronized movements throughout.
However, my very favorite was "Hoist The Colours", a very deep-voiced song I don't recall as part of "Peter Pan", with a lone upper classman showing his mastery of this craft.
Wow!
Good for Matthew Wirick!

I also loved the "preview" of the aerial dancing for the upcoming summer feature!
That will be "The Little Mermaid" and I just may have to have four little blondes with me!
We had so much fun at the Mars Theater for that movie...
it would be such a treat to have them for the live show!
I know it looks like Charleigh Connor is freely swimming, but there is a hoop!
Yes, happy portents of things ahead!
(smile!)

No comments: