Wednesday, April 17, 2024

a*list and spring fling are flung!

"Well, alrighty then! 
I figured you weren't going to movies any more!
 
Nope! 
I just had too much else going on while I was dancing and volunteering.
In addition to the SMF35, and impromptu visits with blondes, I also had petsitting duties.
 
"So I see!
 
Not quite.
Frosty has died, so it was just me and the dog.
Tony was off for his "Walk To Emmaus" and Laura had a conference in Florida.
I was supposed to have Dane for the 11th to the 14th, so I changed my schedule at the Savannah Music Festival so I'd be home with him at night.
Well, mostly.
Laura came home Saturday night, though, as she was homesick...
so I was back to my bed that night. 
I'm glad I'd washed my sheets Thursday night while I was there!
(smile!

"Good for you, girlie!
So tell me about your movie fun."
 
The only new one is "Monkey Man", the one Dev Patel wrote, directed, produced, and starred in.
It's quite good, along the same lines as the "John Wick" movies.
Here's a funny thing: when his character goes to buy a gun, he's shown one "that John Wick used".
"Shrek 2" gave me a joke, too!
As they pass the fairy godmother's house, Donkey says she has plenty of potions.
The Ogre rejoins: "Why don't we pop in for a spell?"
Oh, and let's not forget the science pun in "Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire"!
A photon is checking into a hotel and the clerk asks, "Can I help with your bag?"
The photo replies, "No, thanks, I'm traveling light."
Of course I adored that one!
At least that 15-year-old was good for jokes!
(smile!)
 
"True! Otherwise she was just another teenager."
 
That's right. 
 
"So, what's the deal-ee-o with the odometer?"

It's special, don't ya know!
I hit that mileage on Monday after seeing Ghostbusters.
I'd promised myself that if it rolled over to 234,000 when I got to Jason's Deli, then I would stop and buy slunch and dinner there...
and it did!!!
2 3 4, 0 0 0

"Nice round number you have there!
But why Jason's Deli?"
 
That's the last place I had such a nice round number, back in December.
Makes the math easy, right?
So, I've traveled a measly 1500 miles in roughly four months.
As Jane Lynch would say, that's a pitiful 375 miles per month.
No wonder I've had wanderlust eating at me lately!
 
"For sure.
You need to wake up somewhere different, my chickadee.
Meanwhile, what'd you get at the deli?"
 
The usual kid's meals of pepperoni pizza and chicken penne alfredo, both obtained nearly for free, as I had $10 in Deli Dollars.
Sweet!
Plus, I tried out the new Alamo Wrap, as it came with chips and salsa.
 
"Hey, maybe you'll win the trip to the Alamo in their sweepstakes!"
 
Maybe I will, maybe I will.
I had not even heard about that sweepstakes until I got the email afterward.
 
"I sure hope you do!
Meantime, what was the Spring Fling all about?
Baseball and picnics and such, like the one in Okinawa?"
 
It was kid movies at the NCG Cinema down the street.
I had hoped some of my nieces and nephews would bring their kids, but... nope.
That's okay, I still went to two of the four $2 movies.
I'd never seen either of them, as it turned out.
"Stuart Little" came out in 1999, a live action film dealing with adoption of older kids as well as diversity.
I very much enjoyed it, especially as it had Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie!
The next week, I saw "Monster House", an animated film from 2006.
It also dealt with diversity, as well as bullying, and told the tale of a love gone wrong.
You know how much I lean toward such things.

"I do, indeed.
Well, I'm glad you've found another to add to your collection."

Thanks!
Now, let me tie this up, as tomorrow is a day of chores.
You know - dishes, yard work, taking out the trash, sweeping...

"Okay, okay, let me go before you put me to work!"

1 comment:

faustina said...

Something I forgot about "Ghostbusters" - it wasn't just the teenager cutting up!
Paul Rudd and Dan Aykroyd had some fun back-and-forths, including this play on a familiar song.

Home, home on the strange
where the soectres and entities play...

LOL!