Saturday, April 6, 2024

under the sea, miyah and me...

That was the theme of her birthday party at Hilary Park: Under The Sea.
As soon as I arrived, Miss Chlo was sure to point out the snack treats her Mommy had prepared so prettily: 
'seaweed' veggie straws - 
fish of many colors - 
pointy shark teeth - 
pickled 'sea cucumbers' - 
a sweet lollipop 'coral reef'!
Yummy!
Each table had fanciful sea creatures, too.
But, the biggest decor was over by the gift table.
Gift table?
Is that like the gift closet in my living room?
Actually, it's much better!
These gifts are wrapped and waiting to be enjoyed!
LOL!
Here, we have Miyah beside her Mommy, across from her Grammy, and surrounded by cousins, classmates, and friends!
Her Aunt Chelsea is over by the lovely algae curtain.
Speaking of cousins, that's Alyssa at this table in the foreground, with her back to the camera.
Not that she was trying to hide from me -
she'd given me a big hug when I came and I had admired her new haircut!
More sea theme was at the cake table.
That's a giant blue lantern fish blocking the view of the "cake", which consisted of cupcakes - in both chocolate and vanilla - which each had a sea character decorating the top.
Pop Pop supplied the lighter for the candles in seven of said little cakes, with the birthday girl patiently waiting for all seven to be lit.
The boy across from her is Zander.
The boy beside her is Daniel.
The two blondes in the foreground are Leila and Alyssa.
All were trying to wait patiently...
but the cupcakes were calling!
And Miyah had to use three breaths to blow them out!
LOL!
The cupcakes were even calling me...
as I had expected they would.
I made sure to have a vanilla one, thanks,
with a starfish on top!
Then, I was calling the ice cream!!!
"Ice cream! Oh, ice cream!
I brought Lactaid so I can eat you up!"
And there was ice cream just for me -
no vanilla and strawberry, or chocolate and strawberry, just good ol' vanilla with chocolate ribbons.
Thank you, my dearest Christina, for always looking out for me!
I'm so glad Chris and C J and Karen were there to celebrate Miyah's birthday, too!
They were in several of the fifty or so photos this shutterbug snapped, as was Michael when he came.
What a lovely party for us all!

No comments: