Wednesday, April 3, 2024

rainy day fun - and the roof is fine, thanks...

When I woke up, the rain had been steadily falling since early morning, but that was no surprise.
Like Joseph Conyers, I keep up with the weather.
(smile!
I was determined to go out and take care of business, though, just as Elvis would have done...
but first, a photo from inside my car, of rain falling.
(smile!)
I had specific goals in mind, too.
NCG Cinema's "Spring Fling" films had begun last week and I had missed the first one, waiting for others to join me.
Not this time!
Best of all, as this was not a weekend, "Stuart Little" wasn't sold out, and there was plenty of room for those who came to this delightful 1999 romp about a mouse 'boy' that got adopted.
Geena Davis and Hugh Laurie were the adoptive parents, so I liked it right from the get-go.
(smile!)
Where to next, pray tell?
Well, I still had my library survey winnings burning a hole in my pocket, so to speak, and bare spaces in the pantry.
So off to Walmart, in pouring rain, I went.
Amazingly, the rain let up as I arrived there...
right place, right time.
An hour later, I'd emptied the card, plus paid 92 cents, for 12 cans of chicken, 4 cans of tuna, 2 canisters of decaf coffee, 12 zero-sugar Chobani, and even a package of panties, plus more!
The pantry and fridge look much better now.
(smile!)
The front yard looks quite nice, too, doesn't it?
I had not really wanted to mow it just yet.
However, knowing the rain was coming...
and my neighbor having had their yard scalped over the weekend by someone for hire...
I thought it best if I took care of it after I got home from my afternoon chores yesterday.
I'd had a "Design" meeting with Richard Barid of Smith Barid, to make sure he and I were on the same page with my Living Trust.
After that task, I had treated myself to "Kung Fu Panda 4" again, as several others did, most with kids.
Very nice!
That's likely to be the only dance on my A*List this time.
Too much else going on!
Such a good 'problem' to have!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Speaking of roofs...
I called Joy Polite on Monday to check on the house insurance.
She, in turn, called Georgia Underwriters Association, then rang me back.
It's done!
They should have the policy details to me later in the week, she said.
Wednesday was that day!!!
Of course there was an upcharge to be paid, which I did...
then, on Thursday, there was "trash and debris" - Smitty's ladder, a broom, a flower pot, two pieces of leftover fascia - that had to be "immediately" cleaned up for the policy to stay in effect, so I did that...
plus, they needed photos to show the aforementioned "trash and debris" had been dealt with, so I sent in eight photos.
Whew.
Good to cross that off the list.
And get this: no mention AT ALL of the roof.
Like, NONE.
i thank You, God.