Thursday, April 18, 2024

i'm a who do what??

First, kindly understand that I don't particularly like history.

It was truly one of my least favorite subjects in school, at all levels.

Second, kindly note that I don't tend to take on positions of authority within a group.

Sure, I did volunteer myself at SERMACS in 2019, and that turned out to be fun and, surprisingly, a good success.

All of that said, guess what I did tonight?

I volunteered myself as the new Historian for Post 36 of the American Legion.

Doug had sent around a list of positions that needed to be filled and that was the one that had appealed to me.

Perhaps it spoke to the writer in my head...

yes, that's probably the case.

He'll send me a description of the post, as it won't be official until next month.


Meanwhile, the Two Firsts Club is coming along!

Look at those lovely, blue, high top chairs for the bar!

We're hoping to have a liquor license in time for Veterans Day.

That's a worthy goal!

(smile!)

No comments: