Monday, April 1, 2024

naan for her or me, thanks

Thought I'd start off with a pun on this April Fool's Day!
I was expecting my first niece to choose Barnes for our luncheon after her doctor's appointment, but she sure fooled me!
I told her she had even subconsciously dressed correctly for the food she wanted.
Actually, her decision on where to dine wasn't a big surprise to me, as she has spoken of it before.
However, the "picky people" didn't like that type of food, and I can't say that I would have cared for at their age, either.
There's something about curry and ginger, right?
But neither of us had Indian food in ages, so when she said "let's to to Pakwan", I agreed at once!
No buffet there since the pandemic, but there were plenty of options on the menu.
She had the chicken Tikki Masala, as shown above.
I should have brought my glasses, as I misread.
I thought I was having a small sampler appetizer, with a Samosa, some fish things, and some chicken things, all for about 5.99.
Nope, there was a "1" in the "tens" place, so that Pakwan Special ran me another sawbuck.
At least I took some home, even sharing with her.
And we both had bread, her opting for Garlic Naan and me for the lamb-stuffed Keema Naan.
Note to self: just have that with some Raita the next time I dine there!
What did I like most of all?
Spending two and a half hours with Christina all to myself, with no interruptions.
i thank You, God.

No comments: