Sunday, October 6, 2024

oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day!


All he was missing from the first time was that blue gingham shirt he'd worn!
He had the cowboy hat and the jeans and the leather vest still, but not that shirt.
That's okay...
the last time he'd entered singing that song was October 2, 2005.
It's quite likely that shirt doesn't even exist anymore!
"Oklahoma!" had been the very first God On Broadway (GOB) production here at Asbury Memorial, and Jeff and I were still newcomers at the church.
This musical had convinced me that this was the right place for me!
I remembered watching the movie version of the play with Mama several times over the years, with us singing along with the songs.
How wonderful to have heard those songs again in 2005, then again today!
Here, I was the only one turned around in my seat, awaiting his entrance, at 11:15.
Everyone else soon caught on, but I was the first!
"Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin' " as Rev. Billy "Curly" Hester entered...
"The Farmer And The Cowman Should Be Friends", with the choir members up on the stage all in costume and dancing...
"I Cain't Say No" from Cheri "Annie" Hester, with hair in two ponytails...
and, of course, the title song, "Oklahoma!", as a rousing finale by all!
Nice to hear "The Surrey With The Fringe On Top" and "People Will Say We're In Love", even without the words!
Yes, I just may have to watch the video of today's GOB service again!
What a blessing to have that option!
(smile!)

Oh, one more thing: a photo of me from the Sing & Swing!
I can't say which song I was doing at the time, but how cool that someone took a picture of me doing karaoke!
I found that little surprise in this month's church newsletter.
Hope we'll have another of those events sometime soon!
(smile!)

No comments: