Friday, October 4, 2024

now, and later

When I saw how the photo turned out, all I could think about was the candy.
 
Hahahaha!
 
I didn't even order a dessert this time!
 
Sure, I had the crunchy beef taco (as I call them), but rather than my usual order of one or two, I went ahead and got a trio.
 
I knew one would be going home with me... and they must have guessed that, too.
 
Why else would the folks at Jalapenos of Sandfly group them that way?
 
(smile!

It was so good to be there this week!
 
Helene had messed up our S&K Friday Fiesta time and we had all missed sharing this meal time.
 
I was just a little late, as I wanted to finish up the front yard.
 
I knew rain was coming, and it held off until I got the Ryobi back into the shed.
 
Even with the blade nearly on the highest setting, I'd barely been able to finish the other half yesterday.
 
I'm glad I was out there then.
 
I'd been out of sorts because my electricity was out until Monday.
 
Sonny Maness was driving by and stopped to chat, letting me know he still didn't have power.
 
He lives in my neighborhood, too.
 
And last night, while catching up on fb, I found out my cousin Lynn Lee, down in Waycross, still doesn't have power and is looking at next week before she will.
 
Nothing like a little perspective to make a person feel blessed.
 
Now, I think I'll watch a movie on Peacock - "The Grand Budapest Hotel" - and enjoy the fact that I have that option.
 
i thank You, God.

1 comment:

faustina said...

Update from Georgia Power, via Mayor Van Johnson, on fb today:
"Happy Saturday!
Here is the Saturday AM Update from Georgia Power:
At 8:30 AM, Savannah/Chatham is down to 487 customers without power!
Mainly isolated outages involving an individual customer or a small number of customers.
There are also some properties that are not able to accept power due to damages to the structure or the electric service entrance."