Saturday, October 5, 2024

she was just 12 when this movie debuted


My first niece told me this 1995 movie was one of her favorites.
That had been a surprise to me!
When she'd seen that "Casper" was part of the NCG Family Fun Film Fest, she told me that we'd definitely have to see that one!
Apparently, the guy who played the friendly ghost was someone who was popular in some show she watched in the early 1990's.
I'm sure it helped that she was the same age as the girl played by Christina Ricci... who, come to think of it, also has her name.
(smile!)

When time came for the movie to be shown on the silver screen in Savannah, she was wrapped up in soccer and school and children's commitments and we were going to miss the experience of watching it together...
until I found out Peacock had it!
So, today at 11 AM, we did see the movie with each other...
just at separate houses, me here in town, her down in Hinesville...
texting back and forth occasionally with our communicators!
(smile!)
And guess what?
I really enjoyed the movie!
All those cameos from famous folks made it that much more fun...
and, in my eyes, really gave it some staying power.
Sure, the story was good and the acting was as well, but having some stars shine in it certainly attracted more attention and raised the ante.
I especially laughed at the antics used to rid the house of ghosts!
First, Father Guido Sarducci (of 1970's SNL fame) was called in for an exorcism.
Hahahaha!
Then, Ghostbuster Ray Stantz had a turn at the four ghosts - nope!
"Call someone else", he told them as he ran back down the steps!
Hahahaha!
Next, a construction crew was called in to demolish the house.
Not gonna happen!
Hahahaha!
As a last-ditch effort, the woman who inherited the mansion called in a ghost therapist who was seen in a TV "news" item.
Enter Christina Ricci as the tween daughter of said shrink, Dr. James Harvey, played delightfully by Bill Pullman!
Kudos to Stretch, Fatso, and Stinkie for giving him a run for his money... and a fabulous "sword fight" done with the doc wielding a plunger against the trio's umbrellas!
Hahahaha!
I'm so glad to have "seen" this with my first niece!
I just may watch it again sometime soon!
(smile!)

No comments: