Friday, June 2, 2017

1st bananas for me is a winner!



What a game it was for my first one of the season!
Yes, I realize the first home game was actually last night, but I have the ten-game package, remember?
So, my first baseball was tonight.
i thank God for that!
This was Willie's first game of the season, too.
I just know I would have freaked out if I had come last night and he wasn't there...
nice coincidence!
(smile)

I had known it was
going to be a good one
from the moment I arrived!
This band from
South Effingham High School
was out front,
playing loud and proud...
I even danced in line
while we waited for the gate to open!
You know I did!

Then I found
Mister Willie and
managed to slide on in
next to him.
(smile)
Sit in my seat?
Not for this game, thank you!
And here we are about to begin!

What a treat, too!
Not only did we have
the school band before us,
but also the Tis'
with his childrens' choir!
Hooray!
And hooray for the
first responders
there tonight, too!

Ah!
Nothing like the sight
of the lush green
of the outfield and
the dark clay infield,
splashed with the yellow
of thee boys of summer!
Such a welcome scene for my eyes!

And would you look at that?
Mister Willie was wearing his
yellow socks for good luck!
He also had a Sand Gnats shirt on
beneath his regular one...
shhhh... don't tell anyone...
(smile)

Those socks must have done the trick!
Last night, the Savannah Bananas
had lost to the Florence Red Wolves.
The Lexington Blowfish would have
no such luck tonight.
This is the first run of the evening...

... followed right quickly
by the second run
for the home team!
Then the visitors dribbled in
another and I went downstairs
for more ice-cold soda...
and I missed my Bananas
scoring runs three and four!
Just that quickly!

I was right there for
the salute to the troops, though!
Hooray!
I do so enjoy the recognition
for my eight years of service
to this country
and to the Navy.
Thanks, y'all!

Then, about the sixth inning,
it was nightfall.
Baseball at night,
such a delight...
especially sitting by
my Elvis-crooner,
Mister Willie.
i thank You, God.

Willie had just said
that the boys needed to score
a few more runs.
Their 4 to 3 lead rested
on just one buffering run...
and they must have heard him.
In the bottom of the 7th,
they turned it loose,
in a big way!

That was run number 5
in the previous photo.
Here is run six...

followed quickly by
lucky run number seven...

and an even luckier
run number eight,
made by a sliding Banana
after a wild pitch
flew by the catcher.
Woohoo!

You would think their coach
would have pulled him...
but you would be wrong!
Instead, we scored again...

... and again...
(this was run number ten!!!)

... and one more time,
for run number eleven!!!
After that, the pitcher was
swapped out by the Blowfish,
but too late for them.

The Bananas had won!
Those seven runs
in the seventh inning
had definitely cinched it!
Woohoo!


Then me and the moon and even Mister Willie were treated to a grand fiReWOrKs display.
Hooray!
Why had Willie stayed for them?
He was waiting for me to give him a ride home.
Woohoo!
Now, I'm going to visit the artist and give him my ticket for Thursday's game...

i thank You, God, for such a grand evening!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Bill was definitely up, and ready for a chat!
He and I - and Tucker, too! - had a very nice two-hour visit.
I'm really going to miss him when he moves to Chico, CA...
I think I need to plan to see more games with him while I can.
Good idea!