Friday, June 16, 2017

bananas with willie and bill!


Well, this was certainly a special evening!
I sat between two of my favorite men tonight!

I had arrived in time
to grab our seats,
with Mister Willie to my right...

and Bill - the artist - to my left!
Woohoo!
My thanks to the Savannah Bananas for this treat...
and for more treats to come!






You see, I bought their Zaxby Fan Package for this evening!
That netted me four game tickets for tonight, four sandwich meals anytime at Zaxby's, four bowling passes good until September, four tickets to the Speed Classic races in October, and... four baseball caps!
That splash of yellow on Bill's head is one of those caps.
His presence at the game was thanks to the ticket I bestowed upon him.
My presence at the game was thanks to one of the other tickets.
I even got my own yellow hat, too!
Grand total cost to me: less than forty dollars.
Best. Deal. Ever.
I'm just thankful to have seen it in time to grab it!
I've already invited my stepmom to come with the boys for a bowling date, meal before or after at the chicken joint.
(smile)

As for the game,
again against the Grizzlies,
it was quite exciting!
This commotion at home plate?
All the players came out to greet
the home run hitter -
Logan Mattix -
as he trotted across!
Woohoo!

Almost exactly one hour later,
the boys all came out to greet
another home run hitter -
Utah Jones, named for
Johnny Utah in "Point Break" -
as he sailed around the bases
and over home plate.
Very nice!
That made four runs total
for the four innings!

The boys ended up with eight runs to the three posted by the Gastonia visitors.
Woohoo!!
Our guys scoring a minimum of five runs meant we all received five-dollar coupons for Buffalo Wild Wings!
Maybe next Tuesday I'll surprise Kevin with one of them... maybe.
(smile)

i thank You, God, for the time with two men i love at a game we all love...
my life is so very blessed!

No comments: