Saturday, June 10, 2017

dancing with dj jazzy j


This evening has been so much better than last night - hooray!
So good to have watched our girl Sandra in "Miss Congeniality" as we wound down this second day of Barbara's vacation!
We had hoped to see "Zootopia" under the stars in Beech Mountain, but the technology wouldn't cooperate.
No, Barbara did not even touch it!
(smile)

But let me back up to earlier, okay?
(The question is rhetorical,
so don't feel compelled to respond.)
~~~~
(-:
~~~~
As you may recall from earlier,
I had walked up, literally, to the township
and was last seen awaiting their presence.

Here I am, ponytails and all,
in the game-stocked dining room
at the Holy Smokes BBQ.
Right place, right time!
How do I know?
Mama's Raggedy Ann on the shelf
to my left...
very nice!

Another sign that I was
in the right place?
The waitress, Julia,
a bouncy young local girl,
led us up to the
third floor picnic tables
for dining with
a Blue Ridge view!
Coupled with my Wolfdog,
it was divine!
Barbara and Sandy were thrilled
with the choice, too!
i thank You, God!

We stayed there for quite a while,
taking photos,
breathing in the mountain air
along with the mountain view.
Then we had free fudge in the gift shop
and I bought Oz memorabilia... yeah!
That's when Julia told me that
she liked my upbeat attitude...
Very nice!
Then we bopped down to Fred's,
so they could check it out.
After that, it was back to the condo until time for the dance party.

Yes, I did say dance party!
Held in front of Town Hall,
with DJ Jazzy J(ulia) spinning tunes!
I won a small pepperoni pizza from the
Famous Brick Oven Pizzeria!
Later, I awarded that certificate to a
talented little girl who came late,
but matched me move for move -
you go, girl!

Then we sat and waited for the movie,
enjoying each other
and the sunset
over the outside dance floor
across the street from the pizza place.
Ah... life is good!
i thank You, God.

1 comment:

faustina said...

I know you're wondering which songs were in the dance competition, right?
There were three, but I can only recall two of them.
"All About That Bass", by Meghan Trainor, was the middle song.
The final song was Taylor Swift's "Shake It Off" - you gotta KNOW i bounced straight into that one! Love that tune!