Thursday, June 1, 2017

reflections on my successful resolution!


My goal had been to see fifty-nine movies during my birth month.
I saw sixty-one, not including the six shorts I had previously seen.

Twenty-five were screened in cinemas, either in Savannah, Pooler, or Daytona.
Of those, two were in one of my favorite places, Cinematique.
Three others were seen at Tybee Post Theater, which is becoming a favorite, now that Muse is gone.

Of those viewed in cinemas, three were seen for free!
Last night's "Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol.2" was a free birthday gift from the cinema.
Tuesday's "Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" was a free birthday gift from Kevin.
And May 15's "The Fate Of The Furious" was free from my loyalty points.
(Though that one's popcorn and soda were free birthday gifts from the cinema.)

There were thirty-three movies seen ON DEMAND.
Technically, that makes them free... though, in truth that service is part of my basic subscription.
(As I have the bare-bones minimum cable tv, that runs about $20 per month.)

There were two which were viewed via youTube.com and featured Weimariners - fun!

And... there was one movie musical viewed in a resort activities room.
That one was free, too, and had free popcorn.
(smile)

That brings the total movies that I paid to see at twenty-two, whereas the number of films which were free for me was thirty-nine.
In other words, 64% of the Faustina's Film Festival was entirely free!
Sah-weet!

What else can I say in summation?
Well, I can tell you that several of the actors appeared in multiple movies in my May festival.

Tyler Perry is obvious in that category, especially as he even appears as multiple characters in his "Madea" movies.
(Likewise, Tamela J. Mann, David Mann, and Cassi Davis, as members of Madea's kin and friends, appear in both of the "Madea" movies I watched.)

Kurt Russell had two very different roles in "The Fate Of The Furious" and "Guardians Of The Galaxy: Vol. 2". How very good to see him (as well as the ever-lovely Goldie!) in films this past month!

David Hasselhoff was in two movies, too, including "GOTG:V2", but played himself both times. (Need a clue for the other movie? Seriously???)

Aidan Gillen may not be as familiar a name, but you'll know his Irish face. He played two diverse characters, one in "The Lovers" and the other as a bowsman in "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword". (He's also in the television series, "Game of Thrones". Heard of it?)

Another unfamiliar name may be that of ten-year-old newcomer, McKenna Grace. For one so young, she has quite a range, as demonstrated in "Gifted" and "How To Be A Latin Lover". I look forward to her next film!

Vin Diesel is a much more familiar personage, yes? Oh, yes! For him, there is a twist. While all of him is in "The Fate of the Furious", only his voice - somewhat disguised - appears in "GOTG:V2". Works for me!

Dwayne Johnson, who will forever be The Rock to me, was associated with three of my movies! Like Vin, only his voice is in one of them, the animated "Moana". However, all his manly muscles are in "The Fate of the Furious" as well as "Baywatch". Hey, I go to hear his voice... truly! I prefer my men a bit more cuddly.
(smile)

Speaking of how I prefer my men... rraawwwwwrrrr... that Johnny Depp.... I've been a fan of his forever. Sure, he has great eyes, but that smile... very nice.
(smile)
He appears very briefly in "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them", and then not until the end. However, as Captain Jack Sparrow, he is much more visible in "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" - oh, yes, much more visible.
(smile)

As for movies seen more than once during this film festival, there was only the one.
"Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2" was viewed a whopping three times during the merry ol' month of May.
If I were to only count it the one time, that would bring my count back to...
fifty-nine.
So, I still made goal!
(smile)

And that's all I've got to say about that.
(smile)

No comments: