Tuesday, June 13, 2017

just click your heels three times...


There truly is no place like home.
It was even better because the physicist was waiting to greet me, making us dinner of shrimp and asparagus as he lightly fobbed questions about the trip in my direction.
Very sweet of the bfe!

We had taken a different route home.
On the way up, we had traveled up I-95 N through South Carolina, catching I-26 W, then turning onto SC-14, in the direction of Landrum. After that, the road name kept changing, but it did get us to Banner Elk. We had some specific instructions from the condo owner for the rest of that drive.
Today, they ran the GPS while I drove. We first headed east, toward Boone, then south on SC-321, riding it into Gastonia.

There, after several hours on the road,
we had to stop to feed Sandy's car.
Might as well feed us, too, don't you reckon?
The fellow at the gas station
took a look at us and started
to steer us toward chains,
but as soon as I mentioned
"local barbeque",
he proceeded to draw me a map!

Hillbilly's Barbeque & Steaks was
just what was needed to
cap off our vacation!
I had the half-pound of shredded pork
with the salad bar: little corn and
three types of pickled veggies!
I even had a little slice of pecan pie.
Whee-doggie, that was good eatin'!

Then we were back on the road again, driving past Charlotte and Rock Hill, catching I-77 S, switching drivers at a rest stop near Charleston.
We even found a radio station to sing us into Savannah!
(smile)
i thank You, God, for the safe journey.

Whew... it's good to be home again.
And starting tomorrow, I'll be the only one here.
The bfe has a dogsitting position through next Tuesday, so I'll be free to live however I want, keep whatever hours I want... very nice.
That said, I'll look forward to his return on Wednesday.
Wonder what I will make for dinner that night?
Shrimp and asparagus again?
(smile)

No comments: