Wednesday, June 28, 2017

bananas with a side of bfe!


You may recall that the physicist currently sees but one game of baseball per year.
At least, I think I mentioned that last year...but maybe not.
Never you mind!
He was right here with me tonight and that's what matters!
He's actually seen quite a lot of baseball this year, going to T-ball games with his friends Justin and Jen while on sabbatical in New York.
He much preferred this game: beer!
And me, of course.
(smile)

Mister Willie was there, too!
In fact, he had his
three travel companions
up there beside him tonight.
You know, the guys who
took him to Columbia last year
to watch the Sand Gnats -
I mean, the Fireflies -
play a game in their new digs.
The bfe and I were sitting
right there
beside Mister Willie, too!
What great fortune!

Then again, we had arrived in plenty of time
to help Willie save all those seats.
We were so early -
"how early were you?" -
We were so early that we caught
the watering of the infield!
That's the first time
I've seen them do that all year.
(smile)

We had plenty of time to visit before
the second game of the day got started.
After all, this was double header Wednesday!
But here's the twist:
they played the first game
early in the afternoon,
so the summer camps could come out.
That was very different!

We were still treated to an exciting game -
albeit a short, seven inning one -
as the Bananas took on the Red Wolves
for the second time today.
The game was tied up, then...
the bases were full of Bananas!

The home team emerged victorious,
doubling their score in the the sixth
and winning for the second time today.
Most excellent, my boys of summer!
After, we took Willie back to his Gloria.
Then, while shopping at Food Lion for milk, I found... dairy-free Ben & Jerry's ice cream!
Hallelujah!!! I've been craving ice cream
for at least a month!

Now, I'm gonna indulge in some Chunky Monkey as I travel "Back To The Future"!
i thank You, God!

No comments: