Sunday, December 31, 2017

NYE in SC


When the clock strikes 12 with the midnight bell,
I’m not going to join the texting hell.
So here is my message to all those I hold dear,
have a great night and a happy new year!

(I wish I could claim authorship, but I swiped the above from karaoke Danny.
He had posted it on fb; I saw it and liked it!)


Sandy and I had plans to go out to Broadway At The Beach tonight, but the weather has been "bitterly cold", as the local meteorologist described it, with worse to come as darkness fell.
We opted for dinner out only.
She wanted pizza, so I did a bit of research and found a couple of local places to try.
Vicini's Pizzeria was the place of choice: so warm and toasty, with Italian music playing in the background, candles flickering, and fabulous smells greeting us at the door.
Hooray!
And the pizza?
Superb!
Plentiful, too, with a sauce that sings!
We are both looking forward to having it for breakfast tomorrow...
oh, yes, we are!
As for our new year's eve plans, we're having a dance party, right here in our suite!
We're watching the "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve 2018" show on the telly and, when the bands play, we dance!
Well... I dance! Sandy even joins in from time to time.
(smile)
Back to the music!
"Shut Up and Dance"!!!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

We stayed in for New Year's Day, eating hoppin' john and mustard greens and ham. (Thanks, Brandon Robinson of Sav'h Tech, for the Walmart gift card!)
Tuesday, we ventured to a Wyndham talk, netting $150 - and a free fried chicken and bbq lunch! - for our three hours. After, we went to Ripley's Aquarium and bought tickets for another day, then spent a good chunk of our 'free' money at Dave & Buster's on dinner during trivia as well as game-playing.
Yesterday, we stayed in, waiting for the snow, avoiding the ice.
Today, we are going to the Aquarium! Wish us luck on the still-snowy roads!