Saturday, April 28, 2018

chalky-fingered puns and jokes

"May the fourth be with you" -
a greeting spoken only
as a lisping Jedi knight could do!
(Hard to believe that
I had to explain that to folks
in my "Born in the 50's and 60's" group...
but they were bamboozled!)

What a different
fairy tale
that would have been
if Goldilocks had been
a huntress
and the three bears
were her targets!

"Chef Boy's R D" -
hey are we talking about
research and development?
Then again, maybe that would be
too square for that
round can.
LOL!

Who needs a bulky book of potions
when the modern witch
can just whip out her smart phone
and summon the recipe
through the ether
to her side?

This one I just loved!
Look at a minute...
do you get it?
The beast is ...
a lion fish!
Clever pun!

This one could have been from
the Hardy adventures,
had Frank and Joe been ghost chasers!
"Hey ghouls, the boys are here!"
hahahaha haha!

"Look, Morty, I'm BEE Rick!"
"Geez, Rick, they're gonna pollin-ate me!"
What does it mean, what does it mean?
Well, I know these are characters
from a tv show
which is loosely based
on the movie "Back To The Future"...
does that help?

LOL!
This is obviously the work
of someone who's
not from around here!

"Bad habit"?
I'll say!
Trying to ride a dog
in that long dress
is never a good idea!

I don't think this one
was meant to be a joke, but...
when I looked at it,
my first thought was
"eye" see you!
LOL!

Oh, look, it's Yondu Udonta!
No, seriously, it is him...
oops, my mistake!
He's a blue-skinned man,
so this dame must be
the real Mary Poppins!
(smile)

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear,
Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair,
Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy, was he?
This moth has moss fuzz...
should we be concerned?
Hahaha haha!

"Bad sneakers and a pina colada my friend
stompin' on the avenue
By Radio City with a
Transistor and a
large sum of money to spend" -
I always picture rain puddles
getting sPLasHeD mightily
with this Steely Dan hit!

"Okay, kids, let's draw a pony.
Oh, very nice work, Timmy.
You even used real colors
for his mane and tail!"
"Mrs. Derby, Mrs. Derby,
how do you like my pony?"
"Pony??? Not!
That's a unicorn, sweetie!"

Fish? Check!
Sea turtle? Check!
Coral? Check!
Seaweed? Check!
Definitely a garden...
but no octopus.
:-0

Here we have the counterpoint
to the above, it seems.
Lots of air bubbles
from the rapid movement
of the octopus,
but no garden in sight.
(smile)
What a nice little
inside joke for me!

No comments: