Thursday, April 12, 2018

goodbye, girls! love, simon


Nice little pun in the title, isn't it?
I thought I'd throw that out there to throw you off!
Actually, the Goodbye Girls performed at the noon30 SMF and
I worked the stage door.
That meant that while the bluegrass played on stage, I got in some time with Tony C again!
We were even over there doing the bump and lean behind that curtain...
rather innocently, mind you - truly!
(smile)

In good spirits, I decided to cook up another Sunbasket of delight!
Should I prepare the other chicken
or the fish dish?
The other chicken was my choice,
as it promised to be a little soupy.
Good selection on this coolish day!
The Braised Chicken with Artichokes
was easily split into three meals.
I used my donburi bowl, a fork,
and a spoon for my lunch...
and I ate every single bite!
(smile)


Afterward, I bopped down southside to catch a little romance, in keeping with my movie theme of late. I still had not seen "Love, Simon", if that can be believed.
(Actually, I had planned to see it on March 27, pairing it with "I Can Only Imagine". However, I was so distraught after that first movie - and memories of Daddy and his cancer and his death - that I just went home.)
Well, now I've seen it.
I know Carolyn thought it very sweet, but I have to admit to being a mite bit disappointed with the ending. Not just with it ending with loose ends tied and Simon finding his first love, though I do understand that all of that was needed for this lighthearted mainstream-focused look at homosexuality. I was actually fine with all that.
My objection was with the appearance of the love interest.
I was expecting someone else, not this gangly, big-eared, plain-faced kid.
My gut reaction was the same as the one I had with "Jumpin' Jack Flash".
Remember when the owner of the sexy voice was finally revealed? The sexy voice narrating all of the text messages she received? I was expecting someone along the lines of Roger Moore. To be sure, Whoopi would never be described as beautiful... but the spy she rescued certainly did not live up to my imagination.
Anywho... I'm off to see "Rampage" now! I've been promised a 1000-point bonus for seeing it tonight, so that's what I'm going to do.
Later!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I was discussing "Rampage" with Kevin last night as we walked back to our cars from the Galley.
I had told him that I was in love with the guy who played the FBI agent, Jeffrey Dale Morgan. I proceeded to wax rhapsodic about the man's eyes and voice and smile and sense of humor...
and Kevin says, "The guy in "Walking Dead"?"
I reminded him that I didn't watch that, having only ever seen it the one time, when Christina was having a viewing of its season opener.
Kevin says "The guy with the baseball bat..."
And I was stunned.
Yep, he IS that same guy! But he definitely looked older, and more humorous-minded, in "Rampage"... so I'm going to keep THAT image of him in mind!