Thursday, April 19, 2018

noodles, et alia, with bfe

I speak of dinners with the physicist, of course!
This was our first meal together of the new year.
He had a hankering for steak and, oddly, so did I!
So, on January 11th, we met at Longhorn Steakhouse, both a little awkward after Erica's Christmas party,
at which he had started kissing and hugging me.
(Yes, he'd had a few too many "tasty beverages".)

Did we take that time to discuss the events of
that party a month earlier?
No, we did not.
Instead we talked of his research and the
new semester and how life was with the
new girlfriend.
All while this cowgirl looked on with her
Mona Lisa smile and good, firm grip
on her lasso of truth.
(Hey, didn't expect that Wonder Woman
reference, did you?)

After that, we met at Bonefish Grill for a rare Tuesday night dinner in February. That always was one of our favorites and was rather relaxed and nice.
One week later in February, we were having a sunny-day lunch at Sushi Time Towa, hoping to get onto an afternoon schedule.
But that didn't happen.
Nothing together in March, not even once.
Nothing for almost two months...until tonight.
Then, we met at the Noodle Bowl for dinner, closing the place down.
Mostly, we talked about me: my loss of job, my financial plans, my future.
Maybe next time we'll talk about our friendship and its future.

No comments: