Tuesday, April 10, 2018

sunbasket on my porch!


No, this isn't related to the title -
patience, please!
This was my view of the American Brass Quintet at today's noon30.
I was stationed by the front entry,
to quiet any noisy door closures.
These guys were magnificent!
Even better, they played as if the sparse crowd was a full house -
hooray for them!
I caught "Three Romances", a Victorian-era sound but newly crafted by young Steven Franklin.
Magnificent and dreamy!

Then I arrived home again to this -
a Sunbasket on my front porch,
containing all of the makings of
three gourmet meals for two!
My first niece has been using another
company for her home-delivered meals,
but Sunbasket seemed to offer a better
variety with a better fit for my WW plan.

Which of the three meals that I selected
would be the first I would prepare?
Well, with such beautiful weather, I opted
for the Thai Chicken Lettuce Cups.
When I opened the correctly labeled bag,
here were all the fresh ingredients.
Now I needed to slice the onion, prepare
the herb salad, and cook the meat.

Ta dah! And here it is!
It took me about thirty minutes,
mostly because I'm slow.
The pickled red onion slices -
the basil, cilantro, and mint 'salad' -
the fragrant ground chicken -
and the hydroponic lettuce leaves -
all ready to be assembled!

I had laid out six lettuce 'cups'
for my late lunch and let me say this:
they were fabulous!
That's a very good thing, as I have more
than enough for another meal!
That's even with me having three more
lettuce 'cups' just a few moments ago.
Those will hold me quite nicely until
I return from my SMF evening gig.
Interested in being a home chef?
Just click here to give Sunbasket a try.
Later, y'all!

No comments: