Saturday, April 28, 2018

i am never alone

What a beautiful day
to be out in the sun,
exploring chalk art
and having much fun
with some new acquaintances -
maybe learning some new dances -
but assuredly not roaming
the park as only one!

"Every little thing
is gonna bee alright" -
hahaha haha!
Bob Marley would approve, I'm sure,
of this pun at the 37th Annual
SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival.
Yvonne, Diane, and Terri did,
as did I!

Oh, and look!
There's my dear Rogue!
(Joe is actually in town
and we have dinner plans!)

Blaxstone!
Good to have you here, man!
(Don't worry, Sam,
your identity is safe with me.
Nice visit at your grave, too.)

Why, Sandra Lynn!
What a nice surprise
to have you down from Atlanta!
(Any time, bff!)

Speaking of bf's,
the physicist was here, too,
cavorting with these
zany cats!

The bfe would have liked this one,
as we all know...
but French artist Axelle
already had this beauty
locked down!

Aunt Linda had flown in
from Tallahassee, I see...
and I bet those
hummingbird wings
were tired!
bah dumm dah!
(smile)

What a pleasant surprise!
Barbara and Sandy, too!
No plans for North Carolina
for this summer, though.
(smile)

Jayme! Brian! Wesley!
I see you there, waving that
"Red Badge of Courage"!
I recall that book from...
sixth grade? My teacher would
read aloud to us every afternoon.

Bird Girl!
What are you doing here?
Does the Jepson know
that you've taken a stroll
off their grounds?
You be careful, dear!

Sunflowers!
Oh, Melanie, they always
tell me you are near!
Ever since you painted
that mural in Tall'ee!

What a sweet surprise!
I knew you and Mark would be
joining the Rogue and I for dinner,
but I had no idea that
you would be here, JinHi!
(smile!))

Christina Ann, what a
marvelous new take on that
fairy tale
about Goldilocks and
those three bears!
hahaha haha!
I bet they were surprised!

Michael! Where are the twins?
They should see this one, too!
"May the fourth be with you",
my dear...
and I am so glad
I don't have to explain
that reference like I did
for the Boomers!

Ok, Kevin, I know that's you!
The only reason
"there's a leek
in the bathroom"
is because you put it in there!
hahahaha hahaha!

Is it a whale?
Is it a dolphin?
Is it a shark???
Of course that's what it is, Christa!
And probably it came from
one of your "Sharknado" movies!

Speaking of movies, is this
from a Bollywood film, Carolyn?
And how did that dark area
suddenly materialize
into an elephant?
Cool trick!

Now, who do we have
hiding behind this lone tree
out in the desert?
Paul and Cathy, that's who!
Y'all going to Vegas again with me?
That would be so very nice!

Okay, let me wave farewell to the ex!
He and I so loved Calvin and Hobbes!
We would give each other the books
for birthdays and such...
good times...
just like today has been!
Thanks for sharing it with me, y'all!
(smile)

2 comments:

Axelle said...

Axelle Kieffer
April 29 at 12:26am

Nice!

Diane of WSN 40+ said...


Diane Johnson
April 29 at 7:26am

It was a beautiful day to stroll the park with friends!