Tuesday, May 29, 2018

not old, just older!



"Age 60 (on May 29th)!...To my female friends who have made the trip around the sun a "few" times 😉, most of us are going through the next stage of our lives.
We are at that age where we see wrinkles, grey hair, extra pounds.
Menopause has showed up or is waiting around the corner.
We see pretty 25-year olds and smile.
We were 25 too, just like they will one day be our age.
What they bring to the table with their youth and zest, we bring with our wisdom, experience and good hearts.
For all we've been through earning each grey hair - jobs, raising kids, life's bills and ills, or whatever else life brought over the 80's, 90's on up, we are survivors.
We are warriors.
We are Women.
Like classic cars or fine wine, our exterior may not be what it once was.
It is traded for spirit, courage and strength while we enter this chapter of our lives with grace and pride for all we've been through and accomplished.
NEVER feel bad about aging.
It is a privilege denied to many.
Remember age is only a number!
Ladies, I challenge you to copy & repost with your picture and age.
"

That was the gauntlet thrown down (on facebook, of course) by my British friend on Sunday, mid-afternoon.
I picked it up 'fore it hit the ground!
Then I posted the above photo - taken after the Boomers outing on Monday, gray hair and wrinkles - yes, and extra pounds, too - obvious and obviously not daunting my spirit!
" Thanks, Wendy Taylor Pena, for the quote on being older and fabulous!"

Ever since, I've been getting words of love from women and men in my life!
Long-time friend and fellow world traveler Lindsay Norman piped up with this: "Yes! Keep reminding me. Xo happy birthday!"
Shayla Edgell, one of the nurses on my Italian adventure, added: " That’s beautiful, happy birthday! 🎉 Wishing you many more wonderful years!"
Balinda Dixon, my reason to visit Oregon again and best friend since Imperial Beach, told me: "You are just as beautiful today as you were all those years ago, when we met......"
Jason Arons, the young man I went to Odd Lot Academy with, had this sweetness for me: "still lookin' good for 42"
Asburian and owner of my Tinkerbell, Cyndi Dyches-Linthicum, said: " Happy birthday 🎊🎈"
My bfM - that's best friend Marine - since our days on Okinawa, Lizz Smith, went straight to the point: "Amen!"
JinHi Soucy Rand, the indomitable and wisest woman I know, had these words for me: "Oh I treasure you, Tina Faustina, and through all of the changes, gains, losses, adventures, and dances we’ve watched each other weather over the last more than 20 years. I will always be grateful for you! "
Lynn Engler, Tybee-ite, Steelers fan, and mother like my Mama, told me simply: "Happy Bithday!"
Lorrie Ruggiero, way out there in Texas, but former neighbor, was thrilled: "I just turned fifty on May 21st, so we are both hitting milestones! Happy early Birthday!"
Pat Andres, Asburian and fiction writer - note that I had to throw that in! - wrote: "Can't help being sexy, can you, young lady?"
To which my friend Rhonda Curby, who I've known since my days as an Armstrong student and Masquer, added this: "She never could."
(Aren't they hilarious? No wonder that I love them!)
My new Boomer buddy, Sue Gorecki, another woman with broad tastes, said: "Enjoy your milestone!! Happy Birthday Faustina!"
Another Asburian, Kathy Hodges, who was such a help to me with the Shekinah Spiral meetings, is evidently an Earth Dog, too! "I'll welcome 70 in 2 weeks."
Christopher Jean Soucy, the man who once told me, "We have a history, you and I", only needed to add one word: "Hurrah!"
My Canadian honorary "sister-in-law", Sue Kosokowsky, voiced her support: "Hey pretty Lady ❤ love ya Sista"
Pam Zeigler Sears, Asburian as well as leader now of the Masquers, thanked me: "Happy happy birthday! 🎂. I needed these thoughts and am grateful for them & you."
My outlaw stepsister-in-law and favorite person in Tennessee, Kathy Landers Schaal, thanked me, too! "Thank you for your service Aunt Tina !! You are awesome!!"

As I told them, as well as the early birthday-wishers and the sixty-five friends and family who had liked or loved that post, "Y'all are wonderful! I am so happy - and blessed - to have such positive people in my life! "
I truly am (and that includes those not on that site).
i thank You, God.

No comments: